GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 02:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My second video (over water)  (Read 1107 times)
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: June 29, 2011, 06:28 PM »

Actually I finished my second one as well... So... here it is... there is even less tricks in this one Wink... I was trying to learn side slides Roll Eyes....

Here ya go...
Shanes Kite video 2 over water done

PS... The end is the best part....  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 07:12 PM by Shane » Logged

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 07:20 PM »

Video looks great....
For side slides you will need remove more. Opposite the kites motion, a bit more wind will help too...
Great vid though

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 07:53 PM »

sweet! another widowmaker video! I've been really loving those kites lately. Been flying those a lot lately Smiley looks great.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
dihongshao2000
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2011, 12:13 AM »

Great video!  Which part of the city you typically fly your kite?  I live in Magnolia.  The nearby Golden Garden and Gasworks are my regular places.  I also go to Magnuson where I met Tom Patterson and his son.  There is another great Seattle flyer named Everett.  We met a few times at Gasworks.  I am pretty much at your level of flying skills and would like to fly with you to exchange ideas and improve our skills together.  D
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 12:19 AM by dihongshao2000 » Logged
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2011, 04:40 AM »

Wow, Shane, you must be a natural or have a good teacher... it took me years to learn all those tricks. I guess you're flying the right kite for quick progress... the Widow Maker is quite a kite. Seems to be having a resurgence of popularity... for good reason, I think.
Keep up the videos !

~Rob.

Shane

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2011, 07:00 AM »

Video looks great....
For side slides you will need remove more. Opposite the kites motion, a bit more wind will help too...
Great vid though

Ahhh.. The opposite direction of the kite... that will probably help... Although... how it is that people can do side slides without moving their body at all... I saw it in the "PAW Dreams of stella video" and also "Barresi's Kymera video" where he is playing with the dog... (I will never do that, after what happened to my Talon)  Undecided   But seriously, there must be some technique to doing a side slide without moving your body much...

sweet! another widowmaker video! I've been really loving those kites lately. Been flying those a lot lately Smiley looks great.

I am certainly enjoying it! I am just glad to have a kite to fly. I got this on loan from "Stickman" here on the forum. He is also a Seattleite and was nice enough to loan it to me while I wait for my JOE to get back.

Great video!  Which part of the city you typically fly your kite?  I live in Magnolia.  The nearby Golden Garden and Gasworks are my regular places.  I also go to Magnuson where I met Tom Patterson and his son.  There is another great Seattle flyer named Everett.  We met a few times at Gasworks.  I am pretty much at your level of flying skills and would like to fly with you to exchange ideas and improve our skills together.  D

I went on a mission to find a spot or 2 in Downtown Seattle to fly. I sold my car at the end of last year when I moved DT and had to find a place I could walk to.... I try to make it to Magnuson every other weekend or so. but I fly during the week either at that new park on South lake union or I walk the 45 min walk to Elliott bay by the sculpture park... Tom is an amazing flyer! I love seeing those Fearless kites when he shows up. Don't think I have met Everett yet. I would love to meet up and fly sometime. Just PM me or and let me know when you are going to be where and if I can I will bus it there to fly.  Smiley

Wow, Shane, you must be a natural or have a good teacher... it took me years to learn all those tricks. I guess you're flying the right kite for quick progress... the Widow Maker is quite a kite. Seems to be having a resurgence of popularity... for good reason, I think.
Keep up the videos !

~Rob.

I certainly am enjoying myself! I love this hobby! Grin Grin I don't know if I am a natural or not, but thanks for the compliment. I can't wait till I have the control over the kite that some of the others that I have seen online... MAMA, PAW, Tom, Debray, etc. etc. Someday years down the road maybe... but as long as I continue to enjoy it I will keep it up, and I can't see the enjoyment ever stopping.  Grin Grin As far as teachers go... well all the online kite videos is what I have used.... I really enjoy the RandyG and MAMA74 videos... they have been very helpful!!!

I also really like the WM! It is not my kite... (actually on loan till I get my Talon back) but I really appreciate the loan. It is an amazing kite. I broke my camera last time I was out filming.... Cry Cry Wife was not happy.... But I will start filming again when I pick up another.
Shane

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
vertigo2u

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2011, 07:20 AM »

very  very nice stuff Shane.  I luved both... Grin..gonna watch them a number of timesthats for sure... Nice WM

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Shane

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 07:35 AM »

very  very nice stuff Shane.  I luved both... Grin..gonna watch them a number of timesthats for sure... Nice WM

Thanks,
When I saw how nice yours were it made me wanna try. So you were my inspiration.   Grin So keep them coming I loved watching yours as well!

tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2011, 08:00 AM »

Cool flying spots Shane!  I thought that I had tried nearly every field here in Seattle, but not those two.  Is the first video shot at the park on south lake union, the new one?

You are a natural for sure.  Send me an email the next time you head out to the hill - it will give me an excuse to avoid my yard work and go flying instead!

6 kite tom
Shane

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2011, 08:20 AM »

Cool flying spots Shane!  I thought that I had tried nearly every field here in Seattle, but not those two.  Is the first video shot at the park on south lake union, the new one?

You are a natural for sure.  Send me an email the next time you head out to the hill - it will give me an excuse to avoid my yard work and go flying instead!

I will certainly send you an email the next time I head out to the hill. I may be heading down on Saturday again... Hopefully for better wind this time... last week picked up a bit after you headed out... but I had to struggle with it for the first 4 hours I was there... but had about a good hour or so of wind after that. (I even pulled off a Taz machine right before I left for the day) Grin Grin Cool  Yard work sucks... Grin

The first video is actually at the sculpture park down by the piers... Don't your work down there? It is one of my favorite spots to fly but it takes almost an hour for me to walk down there... but it's worth it on the nice days!! you just walk down the path and when you come to the stones that are stacked there are 2 spots... only about enough room for one flyer on each spot... but I have never seen anyone else down there. I think I'm about it. But you should check it out for sure! If the wind is blowing in the right direction it is awesome flying! But watch for the dogs... Undecided Undecided I think I am just super extra worried about dogs now since my Talon got bit...

Anyway, Hopefully I'll see ya at the field soon.
Shane

dihongshao2000

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2011, 12:12 AM »

I will certainly send you an email the next time I head out to the hill. I may be heading down on Saturday again... Hopefully for better wind this time... last week picked up a bit after you headed out... but I had to struggle with it for the first 4 hours I was there... but had about a good hour or so of wind after that. (I even pulled off a Taz machine right before I left for the day) Grin Grin Cool  Yard work sucks... Grin

The first video is actually at the sculpture park down by the piers... Don't your work down there? It is one of my favorite spots to fly but it takes almost an hour for me to walk down there... but it's worth it on the nice days!! you just walk down the path and when you come to the stones that are stacked there are 2 spots... only about enough room for one flyer on each spot... but I have never seen anyone else down there. I think I'm about it. But you should check it out for sure! If the wind is blowing in the right direction it is awesome flying! But watch for the dogs... Undecided Undecided I think I am just super extra worried about dogs now since my Talon got bit...

Anyway, Hopefully I'll see ya at the field soon.
Shane
Count me in next time you guys get together - dihongshao2000@yahoo.com - new park at south lake union? sculpture park? magnuson park? this Saturday?  D Smiley
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 12:14 AM by dihongshao2000 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document