GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 12:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOLY CRAP MODERN KITES ARE INCREDIBLE!!  (Read 4434 times)
Crimsongost
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: April 25, 2009, 05:18 AM »

Yea, Ok, I'm a little excited! so I have been flying since the early 80's. I basically stopped about 89 we had Peter Powel's and Skynasaurs. I recently moved to Ct. were we had more wind than in Tennessee so I have been flying a little here and there ..... with the same kites. I just bought a sky burner freestylist for my brother and Made the HUGE mistake of taking it out to fly. HOLY CRAP!!!!!! The things I could make this kite do in LIGHT wind! Now I am looking for a free style video to teach me how to freestyle a little. Now I must Pack it up and send it to my brother. Sadly I have already bought a used E2 to subdue my addiction. I know you all know these things but I had to let my excitement out some where.

Thanks
Mitchell 
« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 10:41 PM by zippy8 » Logged

Thanks
Mitchell

1983 Skynasaur aerobat
kitebug
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 06:44 AM »

wecome back to the addiction, it only gets better Cool

i'll throw a few words for you to fuel your imagination, blue moon, kitestudio Tongue, jest of eve, focus

enjoy, and good winds

cisco
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 07:16 AM by kitebug » Logged

Volando!
Cisco
Fast EDDY
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 10:30 AM »

WELCOME to the New Generation...

A Great video is made by the company you have in that Kite.  PRISMs video is on E bay for 19 to 29 bucks all the time.

About yuor kite. VERY CAREFULLY look at the center cross members. Right where they join at the center T have a tendency to fracture on SOME of the E 2's.... IF you see any kind of delamination on them. Simply do the fallowing....
   First  Lightly sand and I mean Barely touch to just break the surface Glaze off about 1"  on each side. Then with a small brush simply apply a VERY light new coat of epoxy over that inch you just sanded...
  Second, Wrap or cover this is your CHOICE!!!!  with 1 and a half wraps of Fiberglas tape. OR cover/slip a Nice color coirdinated piece heat shrink tubing over that Dried epoxy area. When your shrinking the tubing BE SURE you have the PLUG from the MALE rod in the FEMALE side!!! Leave it untill it is COLD and has completely settled into its final shape On BOTH SIDES. DO NOT cut any overage off. IT needs to be right at the center TEE and the rest is O k elsewhere...

I know many people who just do this whether there is a fracture or not for the ADDED strength... Some of the rods have just had a Tendency to CRACK right right there through time. I personally have cracked TWO SETS on my rods Untill I did that and IT never happened again, there after!!!

I have had 2 E 2s thru time. My first one is now PERMANENTLY retired and just DEAD... I just bought a new one with the full Graphite frame  and high end lines etc etc... The kite is a LOT of fun and is Very adjustable

REMEMBER THIS IS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION  AND I AM SURE SOMEONE ELSE WILL ALSO COMMENT ON THIS!~!~!~!

ED S

« Last Edit: April 25, 2009, 10:36 AM by Fast EDDY » Logged
Admin
Administrator
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 10:51 AM »

PRISMs video is on E bay for 19 to 29 bucks all the time.

Or you could get one brand new right HERE for $10.

Forum Admin
"It's good to be king"
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 11:29 AM »

Just one more reason to avoid ebay.  Cry

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Crimsongost

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 03:14 PM »

Already put an order in at gwtw waiting for them to call so i can give them my cc number. Thanks for the tip on the spreaers. I know my luck so i will probably mod them as soon as i get the kite Smiley any other tips on E2s or flying in general are greatly welcome!

Thanks
Mitchell

Thanks
Mitchell

1983 Skynasaur aerobat
eallen
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 06:53 PM »

Get a Revolution... Grin
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 10:43 PM »

Get a Revolution... Grin
I have moderator rights in this section and I am prepared to use them  Angry

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
portley777

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2009, 02:00 AM »

Touche'  Cheesy

Cheers,
Mike

kite a fly go
tempest
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 07:56 AM »

Also, not to misplace the two battens on the backside of the sail , I have tied them to the LLE with a short piece of string. Now i don't have to look for them in the kitebag or on the kitefield.
PND

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 09:30 AM »

Yea, Ok, I'm a little excited! so I have been flying since the early 80's. I basically stopped about 89 we had Peter Powel's and Skynasaurs. I recently moved to Ct. were we had more wind than in Tennessee so I have been flying a little here and there ..... with the same kites. I just bought a sky burner freestylist for my brother and Made the HUGE mistake of taking it out to fly. HOLY CRAP!!!!!! The things I could make this kite do in LIGHT wind! Now I am looking for a free style video to teach me how to freestyle a little. Now I must Pack it up and send it to my brother. Sadly I have already bought a used E2 to subdue my addiction. I know you all know these things but I had to let my excitement out some where.

Thanks
Mitchell 
First kiteI flew was Brothers Peter P .We flew it til it was broke . blew up in the wind.. We now live in Montana I started back years later like you, but with a Citrus Hypno.. now I have several kites and have built several more .. Great hobby welcome back!!! And don't forget to have fun with it... Dave
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 11:08 AM »

Loved those older kites, I started way back when too. But I agree the refinment of the newer kites over them is amazing when I pull out one of the old ones.

I love the Freestylist too but truthfully it isn't a real good low wind kite so your experience is just starting with the capabilities of modern Sport kites. That E2 will take you pretty far in your learning curve.

You'll also find some great tutorials to help learn some of the new tricks on one of our forum members site (RandyG) here http://sportkiteflyer.spaces.live.com

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Crimsongost

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 01:10 PM »

BYW stupid question but what weight line? before is was get the strongest thing you could fine so I am still using old #150 lazer line. Yea i know it's too heavy but I need to know what to use.... Also how much pull should I feel, I guess the real question is how much is too much?

Thanks again for all the info
Mitchell

Thanks
Mitchell

1983 Skynasaur aerobat
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 05:39 PM »

You will be okay with 90lb. line for pretty much everything. Use the 150 for high wind days.
fworley
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2009, 05:57 PM »

Get a Revolution... Grin
Makes a fine retirement gift  Roll Eyes

-Frazer
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document