GWTW Forum
April 20, 2014, 02:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which end nocks to buy for Skyburner Freestylist?  (Read 1630 times)
aaron j.
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: July 02, 2011, 06:23 AM »

Looking to carry some spare parts for my Skyburner Freestylist Std. which nocks would I need to buy? The kite uses P200 tubes which have a I.D. of .244"
Going to order from this page: Link to another retailer removed - Mike

Going to order some 7mm clips also.

Thanks,
                                                              Aaron
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 09:48 AM by mikenchico » Logged
Svolazzo
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 06:54 AM »

A couple of Prism end nocks and vinyl endcaps will work IMHO if you are using the E2 - E3 or Blue Moon wing tensioning method. 
Ask Steve, our kind host, he will help you for sure, also on  alternative solutions

Paolo
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 08:15 AM by Svolazzo » Logged
aaron j.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 07:14 AM »

Thanks for the response.
I ordered (2) 6mm and (2) 6mm with inserts, Im guessing the inserts are the small posts that connect the nock and leading edge together. They were inexpensive, so I ordered more vinyl caps, and c-clips to complete my $5.00 order. Cheesy
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 07:36 AM »

I'd suggest you order from this page:
 http://www.chicokites.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=30
Give Steve a call if you have any questions about which ones to order for your kite.  Wink

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
aaron j.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 07:39 AM »

Thanks Denny, I used that site because it is a direct link from skyburners page.
I already ordered, shipping was a $1 more than the parts I ordered. Shocked
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 09:46 AM »

Thanks Denny, I used that site because it is a direct link from skyburners page.
I already ordered, shipping was a $1 more than the parts I ordered. Shocked

Bummer, Steve will usually put a few small parts in a padded envelope, shipping = the cost of a stamp.

Oh well, live & learn   Cheesy

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
cgregurich73

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 03:56 PM »

Aaron the link from the skyburner website is skyburner. Kites and fun things is jon and marianne trenipol who own skyburner and skyshark.

My wife can't tell me to go fly a kite when shes mad at me now.

Whats in the bag?
 Hq baby tana 2002
 Revolution 1.5
aaron j.

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 06:40 PM »

Thanks guys. Its ok the cost of the parts is minimal to what I use to spend on my RC racing. I want to keep some spares on hand for these two kites. These I feel are the best flying kites I own to date.

Sorry for the link, I did not think it would be a problem since I was asking for answers for which part was the right one to buy
« Last Edit: July 02, 2011, 06:43 PM by aaron j. » Logged
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 02:29 AM »

if you have to the knocks any sporting goods store that has archery supplies works on the p series rods.  PRetty much all prism kites use standard arrow knocks. Hq nocks work but need an insert (.2400 ferrule)
Gamelord

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 01:52 PM »

You can use some of the Prism E3 (or E2/Zephyr) end nocks.  Those are plastic nocks that fit perfectly inside of P200 rods.  No gluing necessary as they have small tabs that press into the inside of the rod to keep the nock in.

Other than that, use some standard 2400 nocks with a 2" piece of solid .240 carbon glued into the nock.  This will slide right into the P200 for a fairly smooth fit.  This method also makes it much easier to replace your lower leading edge if the need arises as the nock is not glued into the rod.

Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 02:19 PM »

Moonie nocks also work well.
For future reference ...
For small orders such as this postage would run about $2.  Best way to make that happen is to drop me an email and I will make sure you get the least expensive shipping available.

Steve
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
aaron j.

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 03:44 AM »

Thank you everybody for the replies! The next time I have a order I will keep you in mind Steve.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography