GWTW Forum
October 20, 2014, 09:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sugestions for a quad line kite  (Read 1356 times)
duallines
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: July 02, 2011, 06:01 PM »

Hello,
 I have been flying 2 liners for 12plus years. I would love to put a "true" four liner in my bag, but would like suggestions on what gear to get. Should I start out with the SLE or go for an iltralight, so that I might be able to fly in my inland low winds more. Have a power kite that converts into 4 lines, but I haven't doubled the lines but once.
 Thanks,
 Steve
cgregurich73
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2011, 06:39 PM »

A b-series rev with a race rod is perfect for inland winds.

My wife can't tell me to go fly a kite when shes mad at me now.

Whats in the bag?
 Hq baby tana 2002
 Revolution 1.5
goestoeleven
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 06:56 PM »

I like just about any rev for quad lining . . . and a SUL does extend your wind range.  However, you'll find that with lighter rods in the kite, you can take a "regular" full sail down into lighter winds (especially as your technique improves).  I believe a new b-series comes with two sets of rods, so you could get 2 wrap along with 3 wrap.  2 wraps are what are in the SUL normally.

Where inland?  If you can get together with some other rev fliers, you'll speed up your learning curve. 
niner
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2011, 07:10 PM »

I have an 1.5 SLE  with the extra SUL rod set. For sale over in the swap meet. Only flown once. Geting into power kiting. Excellent deal, everything included, ready to fly. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks
cerfvoliste
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 06:43 PM »

Go for the Standard Rev 1.5 (any series) with Race Rods , and order a set of  3 - wrap rods to go with it.
CV  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change