GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 01:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Same Topic Vertigo  (Read 895 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: July 04, 2011, 08:28 AM »

These were done yesterday after reading advise... Early wind was across water, then it moved... Changed kites,walked forward and then learned not to move so far Shocked ...waiting on "Vemio" youtube disabled audio...

Thanks to all who are giving input.   Kiss

Everything that needed to be said was said "Best" by all of you.  I guess some individual's need to learn to keep their foot out of their mouth before speaking.

walk on by water.wmv

mongoose#3

Ocius 540 sound.wmv
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 09:06 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Jimmer
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 10:28 AM »

Hey Joe,
Your 540's are really looking great on your new Monnie in vid mongoose #3.   You also had a really good cascade going at about 1:20 .  Now I know why you're dropping so much weight...it's isn't the diet that much.  It's you running around practicing your kite tricks for 3-4 hours everyday! Huh   Cheesy
Keep em coming
see you Wednesday
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 03:29 PM by Jimmer » Logged
Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 10:31 AM »

You're getting better! You have the nose up in the flare and are starting to get a few - mongoose#3 at 0:25,
2:20, 3:09. Where they are going wrong you still need some more slack, you need to try and keep your leading hand extended right out in front of you until you recover. Have a look at this :-

540 Studies

Keep it Up! another couple of sessions and you'll be there!

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 11:28 AM »

Shoot, that's nearly there.  I mean, unless you are being judged in a comp, those will pass for 1st 540's for sure. 

Don't be afraid to give just a little more line.   Wink

Seriously, great improvement.

If you watch Martin in the above video (first, remember he's flying in some light winds), notice how his off hand is actually also going forward during the flare move before he pulls for the spin.  It's subtle, but the kite feels everything when the lines are tight, so don't underestimate how much this will help get you all the way into a flat flare.

The other advice (in one of your threads) about flying down at a slight angle is good advice.  It can help make sure you get a little tilt to the flare, which helps it get around in the spin a bit easier. 

obi
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 11:32 AM by obijuankenobe » Logged

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 11:52 AM »

Heyo Joe,
looking a ton better. I still think the kite could be driving down faster before the trick. As I showed you wednesday, pulling your hands back to get the kite to dive faster (JUST before the trick starts) and then doing the rotation looks a little more dynamic. At least in my opinion.

Another thing is the exit. Dont be afraid to really snap the kite out into a solid line after the rotation. Maybe move back quicker to load the sail more. We can work on stuff wednesday. Going to send you a PM to see what time you'll be out there.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 10:57 PM by adx1592 » Logged

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 01:04 PM »

Hey Vert...
One thing about Martin's (Mama74) videos... don't get me wrong... he's a bad influence. How he pulls off all those tricks with such little slack & movement is a mystery to me. It looks pretty cool, and I bet he doesn't sweat much when he's flying  Grin
but you really need to move your feet a lot, even in light winds.
You seem to connect well with the Mongoose... try to do most of your practice on the kite you connect the best with.
~Rob.

Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 03:20 PM »

Hey Vert...
One thing about Martin's (Mama74) videos... don't get me wrong... he's a bad influence. How he pulls off all those tricks with such little slack & movement is a mystery to me. It looks pretty cool, and I bet he doesn't sweat much when he's flying  Grin

Very true!  Cheesy

I was also trying to find Randy G's 540 tutorial which gives you a really good idea of the inputs and movements but I can't find it.  Since the original website finished, it's not one of the vids being hosted on the Kite Clique site or on youtube.  Shame as it's a very good tutorial. Sad

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 03:59 PM »

until randy can get it up on 'the clique' i tossed it up on filedropper (hope that's ok with randy).

http://www.filedropper.com/randyg540tutorial

as an aside, if you learn tricks in both directions from the start, you'll help avoid developing a weak side.

Fdeli
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 12:49 AM »

In light winds, the 540 is cake when you know what you are doing.

It is the contrast between powering up on the way down, and good quick slack to flare...and a perfectly timed pull at the apex of the flare. 

If the kite is really stalled in the flare, the rest is pretty easy.  But if the winds make this kill hard, then the spin will require alot of extra slack.

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography