GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 06:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying over the Lake last night...  (Read 1500 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: July 04, 2011, 09:45 AM »

Then last night the wind shifted from the North... water time again... Tongue

Untitled

Baseball game Tigers vs. Giants   :'(

Baseball game.wmv
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 12:31 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2011, 07:52 AM »

Too lazy to look up 'vapid', however, I understand vacant....................we must have compassion for the newb.........

no friends-nothing really to say.........too bad Sad

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Jimmer
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2011, 08:49 AM »

Daddy, Daddy...what's this man saying in his cartoon??  FFFUUU???

I Thought this was suppose to be a "family" FORUM   Huh
John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 10:26 AM »

Daddy, Daddy...what's this man saying in his cartoon??  FFFUUU???

I Thought this was suppose to be a "family" FORUM   Huh

Trust me, this version of the gwtw forum is family friendly.
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2011, 11:30 AM »

Very true John  Roll Eyes
However ...
I'm in no mood for the trolling that has been going on lately particularly from sock puppets.  How about manning up and identifying yourselves.  Or would you rather that I did it for you?
To be honest I am disappointed by the sock puppet brigade.  I know you guys and thought we had some sort of relationship (if not friendship). 
Coming on this forum and posting the crap that you do shows a lack of respect for the community, the forum and me ... so my assumption that we have any sort of "friendship" is obviously misplaced so you leave me with no other alternative than to treat you as any other threat to the success of this forum.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 11:38 AM by Steve » Logged

Steve
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
in.divi.dual
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2011, 01:06 PM »

I'm in no mood for the trolling that has been going on lately particularly from sock puppets.  How about manning up and identifying yourselves.  Or would you rather that I did it for you?

Oh really - and Kitegirl, Mikenchico, they're those peoples real names too I suppose ? Are you going to "out" everybody who uses a different name ? Only thats probably 90% of your membership. Or just those people who dare to post views contrary to your own and your moderators ?

So sorry for expressing an opinion, which wasn't sympathetic and sycophantic, merely honest. It might surprise you to learn that it happens to be an opinion shared by others, if not the majority of the community.

You'll note that I didn't call the noob in question names or question his upbringing, unlike our forum elders and betters, Kitegirl and Mikenchico who did in response to my post. I'm not complaining about this, water off a duck's back and all that, I only raise the matter to point out the hypocrisy pedaled here, which appears to be lost on the forum masses.

As for "outing" me - gimme a break, its a pretty common knowledge whom I am ... I am the forum member formally known as fworley. Now why don't you man up and hold the moderators to the standards which they demand of the community ? Then that sermon of yours will ring a little truer.

-Frazer

« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 01:08 PM by in.divi.dual » Logged
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2011, 01:16 PM »

Personally I enjoy everybody’s videos... Vertigo, keep em coming. I love to see your progression and it makes me want to fly and learn more. Thanks for all the videos and as far as I'm concerned put 3 or 4 up a day and it will give me something to watch on my lunch at work. Everyone else just needs to chill out. It's the internet people... you can just ignore what you don't wanna watch and there is no need to be rude or angry about it...

Now go fly a kite... it will make you all feel better!   Cheesy Grin

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2011, 02:10 PM »

Posting something with constructive criticism/things like it is one thing, but things like 'a waste of bandwidth' is a totally different concept. I don't even think it's a name thing, it's a decency thing. Just my 2 cents. I took down my post for replying to the rude comment that GWTWnewb posted. IMO I think the rest should just be disposed of as well.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2011, 02:15 PM »

Oh really - and Kitegirl, Mikenchico, they're those peoples real names too I suppose ? Are you going to "out" everybody who uses a different name ? Only thats probably 90% of your membership.
You are confusing anonymity with deception.  Mike and Kitegirl (and others) post only under one username there by establishing a reputation on the forum.   Is seems to me that you use one of your accounts to make your troll postings.  If you are only stating "your honest opinion" why aren't these posts made using your kiteclique username?

Or just those people who dare to post views contrary to your own and your moderators ?
You presume to know my opinions?

So sorry for expressing an opinion, which wasn't sympathetic and sycophantic, merely honest. It might surprise you to learn that it happens to be an opinion shared by others, if not the majority of the community.

Again you illustrate your hubris.  You obviously have a deeper understanding of the views of the membership.  If, in fact. the majority of the membership feel the same way what are you gaining by pointing this out? Educating the few unenlightened fools who don't see it your way?

You'll note that I didn't call the noob in question names or question his upbringing, unlike our forum elders and betters, Kitegirl and Mikenchico who did in response to my post. I'm not complaining about this, water off a duck's back and all that, I only raise the matter to point out the hypocrisy pedaled here, which appears to be lost on the forum masses.
I thought the "forum masses" agreed with you.  So you also see fit to educate everyone else on the forum as well.  You carry a heavy burden my friend.

As for "outing" me - gimme a break, its a pretty common knowledge whom I am ... I am the forum member formally known as fworley. Now why don't you man up and hold the moderators to the standards which they demand of the community ? Then that sermon of yours will ring a little truer.
Man up? Coming from you that is just plain funny.

Steve
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
in.divi.dual
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 02:47 PM »

Oh really - and Kitegirl, Mikenchico, they're those peoples real names too I suppose ? Are you going to "out" everybody who uses a different name ? Only thats probably 90% of your membership.
You are confusing anonymity with deception.  Mike and Kitegirl (and others) post only under one username there by establishing a reputation on the forum.   Is seems to me that you use one of your accounts to make your troll postings.  If you are only stating "your honest opinion" why aren't these posts made using your kiteclique username?

If think you know why I stopped posting as in.divi.dual for a while. Happily enough it all appears to have been resolved.

Or just those people who dare to post views contrary to your own and your moderators ?
You presume to know my opinions?

Lame.

Again you illustrate your hubris.  You obviously have a deeper understanding of the views of the membership.  If, in fact. the majority of the membership feel the same way what are you gaining by pointing this out? Educating the few unenlightened fools who don't see it your way?

And where exactly did I say my opinion represented the majority of the membership ?

Oh, thats right I didn't.

If you're going to go to the trouble of quoting somebody, they do try to read what they said first, eh.

I thought the "forum masses" agreed with you.  So you also see fit to educate everyone else on the forum as well.  You carry a heavy burden my friend.

See above, you're misquoting again  Roll Eyes

Man up? Coming from you that is just plain funny.

Righto then, business as usual. One rule for the mods and shills and another for anybody else.

Rave about a kite you've never flown, or exaggerate a kites range and abilities, its all good, its positive.

But, you can only slag off somebody upbringing if you're a moderator, or a spouse.

Nice.

-Frazer
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 02:51 PM by in.divi.dual » Logged
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 03:04 PM »

Can this be taken somewhere else?
This was originally supposed to be a video thread..

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 03:10 PM »

Frazier, why don't you just delete ALL you accounts and crawl back under your rock. There might be 1 or 2 people that miss you, but they'll get over it soon enough.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
kiteclique
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 03:11 PM »

Indeed it can.

in.divi.dual is dead, RIP in.divi.dual

I'm done too ... "so long and thanks for all the fish"

-Frazer
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 03:21 PM »

Indeed it can.

in.divi.dual is dead, RIP in.divi.dual

I'm done too ... "so long and thanks for all the fish"

-Frazer

Amen   Cool

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography