GWTW Forum
December 17, 2014, 12:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mamba sunset and 540's ... lunch for Shane.  (Read 3305 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: July 06, 2011, 06:58 AM »

Shane,I thought about you yesterday.. Having lunch at locaL bURGER kING  Cheesy

Your Video's inspire me very much..so did the last one posted.  Damn guys can fly so well.  To people who do not like my video's.  When you see my name or chessy face.  Skip my post.  Grin  That simple.  If not then, I guess the group said it for me.  You get ignored and rejected.  Congradultaions on making an idiot of yourself.   Rejection and abandonment are painful emotions.  Why even put yourself in that position on some internet site.  Unless it's a pattern of life for some people.  Not being loved does have it's consequences.  Huh

Mamba,540's and Sunset.wmv

« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 09:25 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 07:30 AM »

the 540 around the 238 mark is my favorite, just above the sun. Great moment.
Im really glad you decided to get a Mamba, you seem to really like it. The colors are still one of my favorites too.  Smiley
See ya today at 1. Goodjob!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 07:48 AM »

I got to it before my lunch... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Awesome! Looking good man. I love the 540 at 1:47!! great job man. And to think, a week ago or so you didn't think you'd be doin a 540.  Smiley Great job.

I was flying yesterday and think I might finally have a true half axel down... I had somehow been doing them upside downt this whole time Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Oh well... it happens when you fly alone... I also have finally figured out the idea of a jacobs ladder and did a taz on accident... (I love that move)

I will be trying to film this weekend so maybe sunday or monday I'll have a new one on here for you to watch as well.

Thanks for posting!
Great wind!!
Shane

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 10:37 AM »

Video should have been just one second longer. 

Cool

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Ace
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2011, 03:48 PM »

Vertigo
The problems are not with your videos, If you want to post them fine. Members will watch them and comment.
The problems lay within the general forum membership. GWTW is vastly becoming a forum for the beginner offering very little for the seasoned pilot. (Not me of course) Some members still fly kites from the 90's if not 80's and think their awesome for it and qualified to comment on everything kiting. Many have flown for years, still can't trick all that well, yet carry significant influence on this forum. They ignore or fail to acknowledge that kiting has moved on, younger trickier pilots are out their flying some really cool stuff. (Especially from overseas) Cool

This is evident by both professional video's and professional reviews that have been posted previously. (R-sky, SKD, L'Attelier, Benson and others) Good pilots, the best pilots, invest weeks into their video's, countless hours sifting through a ton of video, editing, securing rights to music, adding production value, scenery, time lapse, credits etc etc. only to post their video's here and be met with general disinterest, get 2-maybe 3 responses from members only interested in local kites or kites of yesteryear. No questions as to, whats that kite? how does it perform? where do I get it? who's the Pilot?  Same goes for reviews. Well written well executed professional reviews from the best people out there. Yet no real interest or questions. (unless the kite again is locally made or from 1971???) Embarrassed

Yet a noob posts a video flying in circles and several pages of posts and praise are heaped upon them from all in sundry. It's a little frustrating for the great guys out their flying the flag for our sport. The guys that want to discuss tricks, not stacks and tails, the guys that want to compete and show off their skill. Yes the very guys you and others personally criticize.  Sad

At the end of the day kiting is fun. Don't let a couple of joke posts get to you to the point where you launch personal attacks, even if you have the moderators on your side. We're all adults here Tongue

In the bag... Quantum Fire, E2 Ice, Micron Red, Deepspace STD and UL Blue, Nirvana Orange, KFX Red, Mohawk XS yellow.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 04:43 PM »

I am still going to offer the same advice: pick up that ProDancer SUL and go out in very low winds...you will have it down darn fast....
sometimes having all of the trick kites out there does not help if the kites you have cannot help you do a maneuver....
The 540 is an old school move...that an old skool kite will do extremely well...and especially if it is a super low wind kite and super low wind....the kite will move slow enough so you can see what is going on.....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 06:39 PM »

they are built into my exile. it is hard not to get flat tricks out of it

have fun kurt
RobB

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 06:47 PM »

Vertigo
The problems are not with your videos, If you want to post them fine. Members will watch them and comment.
The problems lay within the general forum membership. GWTW is vastly becoming a forum for the beginner offering very little for the seasoned pilot. (Not me of course) Some members still fly kites from the 90's if not 80's and think their awesome for it and qualified to comment on everything kiting. Many have flown for years, still can't trick all that well, yet carry significant influence on this forum. They ignore or fail to acknowledge that kiting has moved on, younger trickier pilots are out their flying some really cool stuff. (Especially from overseas) CoolThis is evident by both professional video's and professional reviews that have been posted previously. (R-sky, SKD, L'Attelier, Benson and others) Good pilots, the best pilots, invest weeks into their video's, countless hours sifting through a ton of video, editing, securing rights to music, adding production value, scenery, time lapse, credits etc etc. only to post their video's here and be met with general disinterest, get 2-maybe 3 responses from members only interested in local kites or kites of yesteryear. No questions as to, whats that kite? how does it perform? where do I get it? who's the Pilot?  Same goes for reviews. Well written well executed professional reviews from the best people out there. Yet no real interest or questions. (unless the kite again is locally made or from 1971???) Embarrassed

Yet a noob posts a video flying in circles and several pages of posts and praise are heaped upon them from all in sundry. It's a little frustrating for the great guys out their flying the flag for our sport. The guys that want to discuss tricks, not stacks and tails, the guys that want to compete and show off their skill. Yes the very guys you and others personally criticize.  Sad

At the end of the day kiting is fun. Don't let a couple of joke posts get to you to the point where you launch personal attacks, even if you have the moderators on your side. We're all adults here Tongue

Hey Ace...
Maybe you're on the wrong forum. The forum goes in the direction of interest of the members. Kiting is fun... it's a pastime, it's hardly a sport. Maybe kite boarding (water, land, snow) is a sport, but stunt kite flying, whether on 2 lines or 4 is just a skill, a hobby. If you think of it as a sport, you might be taking it too seriously. 
It may have 'moved on' in other places, like 'overseas', so maybe you should visit those forums instead... Stop poking the bear.
~Rob.

Hey Vert,
I forgot to say that I enjoyed your video, a nice, artsy shot into the sun... the way the light plays with the panels of the kite, looks really cool. Nice vid !
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 07:18 PM by RobB » Logged

ko

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2011, 07:00 PM »

Stop poking the bear.
~Rob.
good 1

have fun kurt
Ace

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2011, 07:31 PM »

Rob, I frequent this forum to learn from pilots who are much better at this than me. Sadly more and more of these guys are being ostracized and bullied into going elsewhere because the masses don't want to discuss anything other than what they know. Your previous post is just another example of this. Go ELSEWHERE!
If you don't tow the line, SHIP OUT!'

Apologies I was unaware that this forum was reserved only for geriatric hobbyist's who like to fly kites in circles.
Also I refuse to believe all the Pilot's in the US fall in this category, that is an insult to them and others who take this Hobby seriously.. This is one of the larger forums with a wealth of experience at hand. Why limit it to discussions of yesteryear and bad advise.

Disappointing, Thats All Sad

In the bag... Quantum Fire, E2 Ice, Micron Red, Deepspace STD and UL Blue, Nirvana Orange, KFX Red, Mohawk XS yellow.
Doc Z
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2011, 07:51 PM »

We're talking about kites here, right? 
RobB

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2011, 07:52 PM »

Ace,
It's not a matter of pushing out the serious, skilled crowd... it's a matter of being civil. How does it go ? If you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything ?  Wink
~Rob.

Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2011, 08:06 PM »

Sadly more and more of these guys are being ostracized and bullied into going elsewhere
Examples please.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Ace

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2011, 08:26 PM »

Yesterday was one good example...

Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2011, 08:53 PM »

Frazer?  Are you saying that Frazer was bullied in to leaving the forum?  And that we will some how miss his "expertise" here?

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum