GWTW Forum
September 19, 2014, 12:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Trick ?  (Read 4420 times)
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2011, 09:11 PM »

I am not very good off the grass hitting the SB & Tornado  (I usually don't even try) but @ The beach, yeah mucho easier.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #46 on: July 25, 2011, 09:35 PM »

I was kidding when I said I invented the Mutant Tornado 2000.  I just made that up to be ridiculous.

I did invent the reversing hash brownie. I OWN THAT ONE  Cheesy ALL CREDIT GOES TO JW

I'll leave the video making to you new hot shots. I'm like one of those old school skate boarders that still rides a 1970's board. The only tricks I do are Side slides, Flat spin based stuff, flick flacks, roll ups, lazy Susan type stuff, tip stabs, reverse coin tosses, back spins and down wind glides. For precision I only do boxes and low ground passes.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #47 on: July 25, 2011, 10:03 PM »

I was kidding when I said I invented the Mutant Tornado 2000.  I just made that up to be ridiculous.

I did invent the reversing hash brownie. I OWN THAT ONE  Cheesy ALL CREDIT GOES TO JW

I'll leave the video making to you new hot shots. I'm like one of those old school skate boarders that still rides a 1970's board. The only tricks I do are Side slides, Flat spin based stuff, flick flacks, roll ups, lazy Susan type stuff, tip stabs, reverse coin tosses, back spins and down wind glides. For precision I only do boxes and low ground passes.
FLy what you like to fly and have fun doing it Smiley  You still pull out your elixir?  NExt to the eclipse thats still one of my favorite classic prisms.
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #48 on: July 25, 2011, 10:26 PM »

Pop Up Launch to Jacobs Ladder at about 2:26.  Video was shot January 2005.
mantis_vid.wmv

So cids got you beat by about 6 years on that ... do I get naming rights? Grin
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 10:31 PM by Steve » Logged

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #49 on: July 25, 2011, 10:36 PM »

Still searching the video archives for pop up to roll up and other similar combo take offs

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #50 on: July 25, 2011, 11:05 PM »

Steve RULES!! Nice job finding the video Wink

I've been doing the "Swish & Flic" for about three years but I feel my claim to fame possibly slipping. I'm still naming it though Grin

John - I am a skateboarder from the 70s, Those young ones just don't trick like that anymore. Sometimes I wish my body wasn't so busted up so I could go ride. But then I just trick my kite instead.

It's like skateboarding without the street pizza.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #51 on: July 25, 2011, 11:42 PM »

NIce Steve. like that mantis color scheme.
cids
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2011, 01:01 AM »

Pop Up Launch to Jacobs Ladder at about 2:26.  Video was shot January 2005.
mantis_vid.wmv

So cids got you beat by about 6 years on that ... do I get naming rights? Grin

No, you are too late to apply for a patent now.   Cheesy

I will call it cids take-off but I will give credit to you guys.  Cheesy

d = Dolphinboy
s = Steve

Who want the remaining 'c' and 'i' ? 
Please come forward to claim it ASAP.  Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:04 AM by cids » Logged

Skywatch 1 wind meter
Climax Protec 100ft./55Kg.
Shanti 100ft./90Lbs.(back-up)
Shanti 102ft./150Lbs. flying line sets
Slate color beat-up Fearless STD(Fearless SUL US, 3PT LS) - Main tricking kite
White Fearless STD(5PT) - Back up kite
PAW
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2011, 03:20 AM »

Sorry obi...
I am working with the Goff ītrick very often now and it looks better and better the more often I do this trick...so I don`t think so that this trick is silly...even Chris Goff himself was doing this in Stella very often...I think you should try it and get the hang of it, before saying that...believe me, it is fun !!!
Thanks Peter, I saw that new Goff trick video you posted and will be giving it a try myself.

That trick is silly.  Watch at 0:18 in this video.  There is another at 1:18.  Simply the coolest new move I have seen recently for sure.  He is really from another planet on that Fury 85. 

Adventure to Purley Way

That's Chris doing a real trick.  He is bouncing the wing tip and then using the spring to enter a taz machine/540.  NO ONE has ever done this one, even by accident.

That's a Goff IMHO.

obi
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document