GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 08:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wasted bandwidth... Shanes 3rd video...  (Read 1168 times)
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: July 08, 2011, 05:36 PM »

So, here is my third video... I hope you all like it.  Wink and if not... well, that's okay too... I hope Vertigo will like it though!  Smiley Smiley Feel free to leave constructive critisizm or un-constructive.. either way, I'm a big boy. I can handle it.

I have been trying to get the jacobs ladder lately and I just learned how to back spin... kinda... Cool Cool I think that learning the proper way to half axel was a huge break for me. (and I'm still working on that) I believe that I even have an attempt at a taz in the video...

Anyway, Enjoy! ... or not... It's up to you... I like everyones videos!!!!  Grin Grin

WIdow Maker Kite in Seattle
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:28 PM by Shane » Logged

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 05:48 PM »

Hey Shane. Really liked the video.
I'll send you some stuff in PMs about some stuff I saw, and all that jazz. I just got off of work and need to practice for a bit but I'll get to it tonight. I'd love to talk WM's with ya. Sweet kite.

Keep'em coming.  Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
jeremyf
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 05:56 PM »

Dang! that's great flying!!  Nice to see a sunny day in Seattle!!
Jimmer
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 06:14 PM »

Sweeeet...nice flying....and vid! Grin
Smplcty
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 07:33 PM »

Very nice! keep them coming!
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 03:52 AM »

Fdeli
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 06:46 AM »

Grin

Nice Flying.  I hope by the end of the summer to be at that level.  Your trick  combinations are great.  I hate the flying spot  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Loved the music works well with the theme.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

KEEP POSTING !!!  Can't comment on anything I can't do.  Nor would I.  Like your other vid's I'll be re -watching.  Need to learn the cascade and routate my Lazy susans..
 Better a Seal than a Polar Bear  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin    Wink

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 09:24 AM »

Hey Shane. Really liked the video.
I'll send you some stuff in PMs about some stuff I saw, and all that jazz. I just got off of work and need to practice for a bit but I'll get to it tonight. I'd love to talk WM's with ya. Sweet kite.

Keep'em coming.  Smiley

Thanks, and I really appreciate the help. I really like the WM. It took a bit to get used to. The only kite I've ever tricked is my Talon and the WM fly's very different, so getting used to it took a few times. I'll PM ya in response to your PM.

Sweeeet...nice flying....and vid! Grin

Very nice! keep them coming!

Thanks for the comments and encouragment. I think I am finally starting to get better.

Dang! that's great flying!!  Nice to see a sunny day in Seattle!!

I'm definitely not an accomplished pilot, but from everything I seen you missed certain parts due to the lack of slack in your lines. When you come out of the Jacobs Ladder try taking a step forward or get your hands forward. What really helped me was trying to have my mind thinking/set one step ahead of what the kite was doing. Hope that makes sense.

What I didn't see was the SUN in Seattle.  Wink Cheesy

I have to admit... I am with Norm here... I didn't see the sun that day either... well, actually as soon as I packed up to leave for the day the sun came out not 5 minutes later... Figures...  Wink Wink

Thanks for the input Norm, I will keep that in mind... that is kinda what I had thought... "more slack Shane"... I will work on it and hopefully be ablt to get more than one or two rungs on the JL.... I think that the Taz needs all kinds of slack... but I will work on my half axel before I decide to try those for real.

Grin

Nice Flying.  I hope by the end of the summer to be at that level.  Your trick  combinations are great.  I hate the flying spot  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Loved the music works well with the theme.... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

KEEP POSTING !!!  Can't comment on anything I can't do.  Nor would I.  Like your other vid's I'll be re -watching.  Need to learn the cascade and routate my Lazy susans..
 Better a Seal than a Polar Bear  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin    Wink

Thanks Vertigo, I think you will have no problem keeping up with me... I honestly couldn't do a JL at all two weeks ago... and the back spin (barrel roll)... came as a fluke. I hit it by accident while trying to axel-fade, but was able to see what I had done and repeat it... I also can't cascade my lazy susans.. I think i might work on that a bit today. Thanks for the encouragment and keep yours coming as well.

We should try to collect wildlife.. I bet together we could get most of the endangered species out there. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Shane

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change