GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 10:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My flying field  (Read 1794 times)
aaron j.
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: July 09, 2011, 05:58 PM »

Here are pics of the park ( Redbank battle field) I fly at here in South Jersey. These are pics from above where you park your car. I am fortunate enough to have a great place to fly 10 mins from my apartment. Grin

These are my two favorite kites I carry with me: Skyburner Freestylist Std & UL
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 06:23 PM »

WOW! Looks fantastic. Nice kites too Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
aaron j.

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 06:37 PM »

Thank you Devin, I think I spoke to you on the phone reguarding the length of the lower leading edge rod last week. Got my parts today for my std. could not wait to get it back in the sky.
aaron j.

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 07:31 PM »

The trees are not a problem except I found a dead spot at one end of the field, where the trees block air coming off the river. I have used 120ft lines a few times without a problem. 2 and 1/2 hours from your flying area, that is bad. I try to go flying 2 or 3 times a week after work while my gf is at school. The park does not close until dawn.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 10:42 PM »

Wow nice park. YOu should talk to RobB I think that bridge in the back ground is the same one in a couple of his pics.  Might be another flier for you to meet up with though he's in the NY area.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 10:43 PM by Ca Ike » Logged
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 04:59 AM »

Hey Aaron...
I wonder if you're going to come up to Liberty State Park next weekend for the competition. I figure I'll go to watch, I might learn something. Maybe I'll find a place to fly in a corner somewhere, too.

I think Anthony is talking about this picture...

Same type of bridge, but this one joins LongIsland to FireIsland.
~Rob.

aaron j.

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2011, 05:13 AM »

@ Anthony- The bridges you see in the background are to Philadelphia, PA.
NY is about 2 1/2 to 3 hrs from me.

@Rob- I am thinking about coming up on Sat. I will know in the next couple of days.

The field is great! Most of the time I have it all to myself except for when joggers run along the edge. Yesterday I had a young kid fly with me with his Walmart kite. A single line with a 15ft tail or so, I was having fun and dive bombing his tail with my strings.  Cheesy
st3307
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2011, 01:33 PM »

Hey Aaron  just  becarful around   Slk  lines  they   will  chop   your  sport  kite  lines  in    2      really  fast  even the  cheap    line  from  wally  world  because   the  melting point  is  alot higher  Wink

Good air always Bobby
aaron j.

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2011, 05:01 PM »

Thanks for the caution Bobby. I got to fly Jayson's WM ul, what a difference! His kite flew so much slower than any kite I have. I can't wait to get a kite like that in my bag.
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 04:12 PM »

Shane has been holding out on us.  His spot to fly is beautiful.  But this is very nice location.  It adds to the experience.  I drive about 25 minutes to my spot.  Shane takes a Taxi... Cheesy Cheesy

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change