GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 08:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bad weather, bad hair day, bad video, Bad...  (Read 1071 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: July 15, 2011, 06:45 AM »

They had the winds for a while.  Didn't think of doing any really good video stuff.  Then when I looked at it... I was sorry I didn't do a better job.  Hope you guys like, I surely appreciate what they are doing.  Huh

They are bad.... Vertigo out !!

Kite boarding.wmv

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Danno419
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 08:14 AM »

Vert..... i love your hair - its s&%#*.
Did the kite boarders take your spot?   Undecided

JoE Talon UL #4
JoE Talon STD #138
Zephyr
4D
Acrobatx
Snapshot 1.2 & 2.5
Hmmmm Talon vent or SUL next... decisions decisions.
vertigo2u

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 08:39 AM »

That's my alternative spot when the beach is jammed.  They took it... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin  In those winds they could have it.. Wink

Danno..nothing about nothing,but the word is the Solus is going into production.  Since you are looking at a WM and vented you need to know.  I flew my WM with all the wind blown out last Wednesday winds were strong.  Mamba's had flaps... the Solus was being flown with 4 marks to go.  I was shocked to find this out.  I was on 100lb 125' on Std WM... Devon was flying 100' 150lb.  lines.  When we swtiched I was shocked.

I am nobody to comment on a good kite or bad one.  This is what I found out to be true.  The NEW "Solus" fly's like a Widow Maker in low or very high Winds.  It really dominates the WM in high end winds.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 12:31 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 10:37 AM »

Solus*

It'll be going in full swing soon! Whenever Jon gets back into the shop hopefully!  Smiley

Thanks for the kind words, Joe.

(Love the hair too, haha. See you tomorrow)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:03 PM by adx1592 » Logged

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
kitegirl
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 11:00 PM »

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy watching kite surfing. But, got to say the hair was the best part.
Danno419
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 10:06 AM »

That's my alternative spot when the beach is jammed.  They took it... Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin  In those winds they could have it.. Wink

Danno..nothing about nothing,but the word is the Solus is going into production.  Since you are looking at a WM and vented you need to know.  I flew my WM with all the wind blown out last Wednesday winds were strong.  Mamba's had flaps... the Solus was being flown with 4 marks to go.  I was shocked to find this out.  I was on 100lb 125' on Std WM... Devon was flying 100' 150lb.  lines.  When we swtiched I was shocked.

I am nobody to comment on a good kite or bad one.  This is what I found out to be true.  The NEW "Solus" fly's like a Widow Maker in low or very high Winds.  It really dominates the WM in high end winds.

Hey Vert - thanks for the heads up - mostly inland type wind here - but we're very close to the mountains - so higher winds do come through. Thats why i was looking at the talon vent (and i f'ing love my talon ul) as it still has a decent low end.
And the WM - well its just sexy and i want it  Cool
A

JoE Talon UL #4
JoE Talon STD #138
Zephyr
4D
Acrobatx
Snapshot 1.2 & 2.5
Hmmmm Talon vent or SUL next... decisions decisions.
jeepersjoey

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 02:15 PM »

Your hair looks like my Avitar (is that what they call my pic?).

Maybe if you didn't hold you Light Saber so close to you noggin your hair would behave. (see video at 0:12 sec in to understand).

Paul

"May you live until you die, no more, no less" - Eddie Izzard

"I'm not this way because I'm an Engineer.  I am an Engineer because I'm this way."
vertigo2u

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 06:42 PM »

Danno I flew the "Solus"again today.... Order one today ... High wind flyer as well as low winds.  This kite is a must for people with high wind trouble.  It also fly's in low wind.  I was flying Ocius sul Devin was flying "Solus"...Winds picked way up later on in the day.  No problem we kicked wind out.  One notch.  Still had three  more adjustments.  The bridle has more adjustments that WM.
I wish I had one for you to try.  I was thinking about a Vented one for sale in the swap.  A Mamba vented GREAT price.  I have a Mamba but if the wind is high I fly my WM.  I can kick the wind out.  But No comparison on the two WM vs. Solus.  They fly the same exactly ... except on it's high end ...forget it.

P.S.- Thanks Kitegirl

That Mamba Vented is a nice price... I wouldn't rule it out.  I flew Devin's Vented Mamba.  Thought I was driving a truck... Wink
It just feels heavy but it has to in order to fly that high end.
 Devin what range would you say the "Solus" would fly with flaps Huh

Much higher range I am sure...

Again you know what kind of experience  I have ( none). I do have a nice U.S. kite bag..except now I am getting a Solus...

I get a chance to fly everything.  TNT's ,Black Pearl, Deep 6 ?,level one, Jon's proto type's

Still I am no one to recommend a kite.  But I am learning... 

btw :

It is a blast to fly with Devin the little punk just pushes and pushes and pushes.  We flew the other day for an hour.  Up to the top and drove to the ground as fast as we could pull and pop it.  I tried again and again.  The little creep O was not  Cheesy... he keeps yelling Harder,harder, pull the lines harder... Cry

He loves to fly right next to you.  He demands you fly as close to his kite as possible.  I use to be afraid to fly close to him,but he makes you get over fear.. If we crash so what...We fly and do what we want but must watch out of the side of your eye for Devin's kite.  He'll move it qucikly enough.  But right next to him watching and being pushed is a rush.  Drill Sgt. Devin..little creep -O.

We had a great time Wednesday and today.. That Solus is the first production model we also are flying the heck out of the proto...  BTW........ Devin has helped in the design of this kite with Jon and Wayne.. everybody getting a paid day on this one. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Huh

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 06:47 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 07:43 AM »

woahwoahwoah. Just to clarify I won't fly next to someone if they're just beginning to learn basic tricks. Only reason why I do this with you 'cause for some reason when you get close to doing something and get really moving into it something happens and it clicks. So I push harder Smiley haha. (honestly Im surprised we haven't broken a rod yet.. or 20.)
That Solus was the first sail from Mike&Pam and we just are testing to see if it flys different from the sail Jon sewed. Hopefully will have another one by next weekend. Btw joe, I think you need to have a hairday like that for KOBC bahahha.  Cheesy

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum