GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 11:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: recovery THANKS MIKE !!  (Read 2037 times)
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: July 17, 2011, 02:50 PM »

hi guy's soooo i am about to put a new hard drive in my laptop  i run acronis to make a bootable image of what ive got, problem is it wiped everything except itself of my external hard drive. leave it to me to lose data running backup... good thing it was mostly just movies i care about .i guess my question is there a way to recover them?? thanx kurt
« Last Edit: July 25, 2011, 09:21 AM by ko » Logged

have fun kurt
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 06:36 PM »

I have run pc inspecter file recovery with some success in recovering erased files.
http://www.pcinspector.de/default.htm?language=2

Sine Metu!
ko

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 06:52 PM »

thanx DD looks like this one is for picture type files ? i lost avi movie files on an external hard drive
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 06:55 PM by ko » Logged

have fun kurt
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 06:54 PM »

I have used it to find all kinds of files, plus its free

Sine Metu!
ko

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 07:24 PM »

downloading now thanks i will let you know. fingers crossed

have fun kurt
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 08:59 AM »

I keep an up to date (ish) copy of Recuva on a locked USB drive and it's earned me more than a few beers from grateful people whose data (of all varieties) it has magicked back to life. Pity I don't drink really Wink

Don't expect miracles but don't be surprised either. I got a near full 500Gb drive back to life after one too many unsafe removals left it saying it was flat empty. It took a while...

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
ko

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2011, 05:04 PM »

thanks mike i will give this a try the other software did not seem to work for me.. i was just told DONT TOUCH NUTHIN as my acronis backup is on the drive which i need for the new harddrive in my laptop.. so i will try it once i am safely back together (fingers crossed) BTW HP tech is a b____ch

have fun kurt
ko

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 09:24 AM »

thanks all. recuva is super simple and did an amazing job  Recuva

have fun kurt
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2011, 12:23 PM »

Great review then. No really, my sister had just contacted me about having blown it on her camera card, she had pulled some pictures over to the computer

and thought she only had those few highlited when she hit delete   Roll Eyes

everything gone   Huh    Cry

I had tried another program once with no luck so I didn't know where to steer her. Plus I love portable app's, it now resides on the flash drive I carry in my pocket every day too.

I asked her why they weren't already backed up on her computer? Well she's lost so many drives to virus's she was just storing them on the flash card ...  Lips sealed

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
ko

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2011, 03:48 PM »

it happens. the files i lost were my backup. i lost them running a clone of my harddrive with acronis (checked the wrong box not its fault). they were just a bunch of movies but mom will probably like some of them if i ever get around to making these things called dvd's out of them lol recuva is truly simple, easy, and effective. at least for me

have fun kurt
Danno419
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 11:39 AM »

i had a program a few years ago called "recover my files" - worked great for me.
Pretty sure it could find all files types too.

JoE Talon UL #4
JoE Talon STD #138
Zephyr
4D
Acrobatx
Snapshot 1.2 & 2.5
Hmmmm Talon vent or SUL next... decisions decisions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document