GWTW Forum
November 28, 2014, 06:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: knots  (Read 782 times)
thrasher
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 20, 2011, 03:30 PM »

the lines to my rush 300 just broke after my friend couldnt handle it and hit a field goal post! Cheesy so i need to connect new lines to my bar and was wondering if any one had links or pictures to info on how to tie the lines to it..any input woould be great

When the wind blows....My kite goes!

My Kites:

Prism Quantum Spectrum
Prism E3 Citrus
Prism 4D Red

HQ Rush 300
Skydog Dream On
Bledula

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 06:10 AM »

I have Rush IV Pro 300 at home. If it's the same I can check it and make pictures of the handles for you later today.
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2011, 06:16 AM »

the lines to my rush 300 just broke after my friend couldnt handle it and hit a field goal post! Cheesy so i need to connect new lines to my bar and was wondering if any one had links or pictures to info on how to tie the lines to it..any input woould be great

If it is just the one of the flying lines, the lines just need to be equalized (made the same length), resleeved and reattached to the control bar/bridle leaders.   The HQ sleevings are stitched so they need the sticthing removed with a needle or seam ripper.  Once the lines are equalized, you can restitch or use locking knots to keep the sleeving in place.

You can reuse the old sleeving (unless it was damaged) or resleeve with minty fresh sleeving.  Instructions for doing it can be found here (procedures for resleeving flying lines for Traction Kites/Stunt Kites are pretty much the same):
http://www.thegreedybrain.com/StuntKiteTips/sleeve.htm

Sleeving kits come with a sleeving tool to guide the flying line through the sleeving, but any stiff wire (piano wire, heavier gauge guitar strings, etc), that still passed through the sleeving, will work.

If you can post pics of the damage, it will help.

ATB,
Sam

Let me know if any of this is unclear. 
Bledula

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 02:18 PM »

Hi,

Sorry for not replying sooner but the I didn't have the kite at home after all.

Here are some pictures of the lines coming from the handles.

This photo shows how the middle line is attached. The lines are sleeved at the end and a loop is made for connecting to the leaders. Again, this is the middle leader connecting to the middle line which connects to the brake.
Loops made at the end of lines are roughly 8cm long knot to knot or 11 cm is the visible length end to end of the sleeve while it's attached to the leader.
Also, as you can see the leaders have a simple overhand knot at the end to allow for easy attachment of lines.

This photo show the bottom of the handle. Leaders are attached by feeding them through the hole in the end of the handle and tying a simple overhand knot. At HQ they also added some melted silicon glue or what's it called to keep it extra secure.

The leader s then fed through  another hole in the line winder part of the handle. The place where the line touches the handle at the very end is from where I took measurement for this leader length. It's roughly 77cm.

This is the left line attached to the left leader (red). It's the same as the middle line except that the leaders are color coded. Blue/Red.

I also made a picture of the stopper ball on on the middle/brake line. There are 2 of these balls on either side of the handle. Both are stopped by a simple overhand knot at the right place. The black thing in the knot is a rubber ring they added to make the knot more secure.
The middle line is roughly 81,5cm long from the attachment knot to the handle.

If you broke the actual lines my best advice would be to measure the one that is still intact and replicate it. All 3 lines should be the same length unless I am mistaken.

Hope any of this helps you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum