GWTW Forum
July 31, 2014, 10:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: just got new Plutz 3  (Read 1559 times)
Norfolk
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 21, 2011, 07:36 AM »

Just got the new Plutz 3 last week  from Ceewan leong

hot yellow  - great colour  and supports  evening flying in low vis !

I flew the Plutz 3 a couple of times over the weekend 

I am very pleased with it

it climbs very nicely and has very good straight glides

I like the "factory settings "

the front bridle attachment is now active to change the angle of  the front  vanes (canards) to help climbing when you pull

need to get more flying time  and also try it indoors

I tested it against  a Zero 1.1  designed by horvath and made in Taiwan for   Kitewalker.de

the zero 1.1  is similar wing span  but is carrying more  sail area   and   is more kite like than the Plutz 3

glides are shorter with the zero 1.1   and outdoors with its greater sail area  is more affected by small gusts I think

I was surprised the Plutz picked up   ground lift almost as much as the  zero 1.1    ,  I guess thats because although the Plutz 3 has
less sail area  its also lighter

28.5g   against   36g for the zero 1.1   

I really like the way the Plutz steadily drives forward   at quite low speeds   and can maintain height well  - even if its adjusted to slightly nose up position

the zero 1.1  turns more and cant do long glides so much  guess its less dart like    and less straight line stable than the Plutz 3 

the plutz3  still turns well though.

zero 1.1.  climbs higher and faster - bigger sail area  and more kite like

Cost comparison:

zero 1.1 is 39 Euro's

zero 1.1  built/tuned  in Switzerland is 65 Euro's

plutz 3  $118   or     Euro's  83

so its more expensive   but Plutz 3 is more technically adjustable   - hand built   $25  more than the Horvath

I need to find some indoor space

I think  the Plutz 3  will be  even  more capable indoors   than outside

just a  great kite (or is it glider)  no kite....  no glider....  well both.....

KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 07:04 PM »

Piccies?  Smiley

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 08:48 PM »

Piccies?  Smiley

Yes! I'd especially like to see a little detail on this active bridle that changes the angle of the canard, I'm not picturing this at all.

the front bridle attachment is now active to change the angle of  the front  vanes (canards) to help climbing when you pull

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 03:07 AM »

Where there used to be a bridle that the pigtail was on the pigtail actually is connected directly to the back corners of the canard 
This way when the line is tight the canard are actually angled upwards a little bit to climb easily...then when the line is loose the canard are flat for an easy glide....
R

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Norfolk

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 08:14 PM »

Just tried posting a photo of bridle and kite
 but says file is too big

any tips on posting photo's here please
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 02:33 AM »

If you want to use the forum's photo attachment feature you'll have to reduce the file size to under 100k. Resizing the image to something in the range of  600 x 450 pixels and saving as a .jpg will usually get your picture under 100k, a busy picture may have to be resized down to 450 x 335. Any photo editing program should have that ability or there are dozens of freeware programs and even web based editors you can use.

The other option is to have the file hosted at one of the free photo sharing sites such as Google's Picassa, Flickr, Webshots etc.

Or email it to me if you want, I'll squash it and mail it back or post it for you.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Norfolk

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 06:50 AM »

Plutz 3 pics

[attachments older than 90 days deleted by admin]
Norfolk

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 06:51 AM »

all kite pic

[attachments older than 90 days deleted by admin]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document