GWTW Forum
December 19, 2014, 06:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 6 years tricking, Still learning  (Read 1135 times)
jeremyf
Trade Count: (0)

« on: July 30, 2011, 01:25 AM »

Man, It amazes me how much I learn every time i go kiting!  And how varied my performance can be on the same day! Please share your experiences.
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 04:00 AM »

5 years in and just starting to make sense of the dreaded comete.

I fly for me, and try  Roll Eyes to appear to be in control, so i figure I'm on the slow road to advancement. Each chance to fly is  Cool I've probably left the field in a worse frame of mind maybe 3 times in the 400+ times I've been out.  Grin thats good therapy  that is

WD

WinterDaze AoF
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2011, 12:32 AM »

5 years in and just starting to make sense of the dreaded comete.

I fly for me, and try  Roll Eyes to appear to be in control, so i figure I'm on the slow road to advancement. Each chance to fly is  Cool I've probably left the field in a worse frame of mind maybe 3 times in the 400+ times I've been out.  Grin thats good therapy  that is

WD
I've seen you fly Shannon and if your not in control your sure good at looking like you are Smiley  I've been flying since the days of no standoffs and wood or plastic frames with vinyl tube fittings (with a bit of a hiatus in there).  THe learning never stops.  Even tricks I have down I always learn something to make them cleaner.  I just go fly and if I Get one good trick I'm happy, a few good tricks and I'm ecstatic , a new trick successfully and I faint from shock Tongue
jeremyf

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 07:18 AM »

I guess what started this is that I was working on a Vf 20 entry.  The shock of having to go through HOURS of footage for a minute and half entry is a little sobering!  It's sure made go back and work on my basics!
vigli

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 07:21 AM »

yes offcours. Wonderfull feel to learn new trick. And when you learn trick you can always relearn it and make it better and to look much better...then combination....no end party
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 06:24 PM »

i can relate jeremy. no matter the magical moments which linger in mind after flying, under video review, it appears nary a minute passes where i'm not without a tip wrap, dead turtle, aborted trick, or some other gaff.

the compliments from the friends at the field now seem ... quite generous.

however, the real magic is, no matter how many times, or for how long, if there's wind to fly, it's always a good time and well worth the effort. the great bonus for me personally is those same friends at the field make even those times without wind, a genuine pleasure.

edit: after reading, changed complement to compliment, oops.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:30 PM by fidelio » Logged

Fdeli
Ca Ike

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2011, 07:27 PM »

i can relate jeremy. no matter the magical moments which linger in mind after flying, under video review, it appears nary a minute passes where i'm not without a tip wrap, dead turtle, aborted trick, or some other gaff.

the complements from the friends at the field now seem ... quite generous.

however, the real magic is, no matter how many times, or for how long, if there's wind to fly, it's always a good time and well worth the effort. the great bonus for me personally is those same friends at the field make even those times without wind, a genuine pleasure.
  THis is too true.  Our ripon flys have been great not just for the flying but the camaraderie that goes along with it.  ITs a shame more of us can't get together and fly.  Would be fun to meet up with some of the guys from the other side of the pond or the other side of the stated for that matter.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+20)

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2011, 09:19 PM »

Come to Kite Party!

It's exactly what you are talking about and just down the road a piece.

I still hope to get to a Ripon fly. They have always been on the wrong weekend.  Embarrassed

Allen, AKA kitehead
Ca Ike

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2011, 09:24 PM »

Come to Kite Party!

It's exactly what you are talking about and just down the road a piece.

I still hope to get to a Ripon fly. They have always been on the wrong weekend.  Embarrassed
IF funds and life allow I will try and get there for the next KP.  ITs definitly on the to do list Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum