GWTW Forum
July 28, 2014, 01:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sport Kite Designs 'Seven'... this kite ROCKS !  (Read 1888 times)
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: August 03, 2011, 09:23 AM »

Hey there...
I've spent a little time trying to get used to the 'Seven', and trying to get some VF20 footage flying it. I'm starting to get used to the kite, and it's just a blast to fly. I think it flies similar to the Gemini, only it likes to sit on it's back a lot easier.
It's a rowdy flier, and I have a terrible time trying to keep it in the frame of my static camera, but the tricks that come out of it are so easy to get, and one just leads to the next. It's more of a challenge to fly a straight line or cut a sharp turn than to pull off a trick. Needless to say, I didn't get the 60-90 seconds of flying without any OOF that I was looking for, but did come up with some fun clips.
If you've got some time, check it out, and imagine what you could do with this kite if it flies so easily for me. Sorry it's a little long, but I tried to put it to some good music to keep it entertaining...
 Grin

SportKiteDesigns 'Seven'...

~Rob.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:29 AM by RobB » Logged

Danno419
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 09:33 AM »

Nice flying, Rob.
Looks like you definitely getting the hang of that Seven.
 Grin

JoE Talon UL #4
JoE Talon STD #138
Zephyr
4D
Acrobatx
Snapshot 1.2 & 2.5
Hmmmm Talon vent or SUL next... decisions decisions.
vertigo2u

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 10:41 AM »

Rob.

I am so shocked... Huh  I have been watching your video's for over a year.  I really needed that 540 look.  I really appreciate a talented flyer like yourself and others helping me.  "...I am not worthy, I am not worthy..."  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I have two nic names...One is Vertigo... the other is "jimi" after hendrix.  Loved watching you fly to him... Jimi has often spoke to me...  Cheesy

Also so I have this right..your "Must86 " Huh?"

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Danno419

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 12:33 PM »

Also so I have this right..your "Must86 " Huh?"

Indeed he be.

I just blew your cover Rob.... .sorry.  Embarrassed

JoE Talon UL #4
JoE Talon STD #138
Zephyr
4D
Acrobatx
Snapshot 1.2 & 2.5
Hmmmm Talon vent or SUL next... decisions decisions.
ko

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 05:25 PM »

great flying rob! the seven looks like it is fitting nicley. i also saw a little jam session on another forum with the tat. looks like you have figured it out also REALLY nice flying thanx for sharing
ko

have fun kurt
RobB

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 06:55 PM »

Thanks, guys. Glad you enjoyed the video cliff notes from my Sunday fly. And yes, I used to be Must86, and still am on uToob. Watch my oldest video and you'll understand the name. It's what I used to do for fun, but I find kite flying a better use of time.  Grin

Vert... I'm a big Jimi fan too, A Band of Gypsies is probably my favorite. I'm glad if watching my videos helps someone else to figure out a trick, everyone else here that posts videos helped me to learn a lot. Then there are RandyG & Mama74 who deserve a ton of credit for what they've done. I'd still be just looping & stalling if it weren't for the videos !

Dano, I've got a little more getting used to the small inputs this kite likes, it's very responsive to the smallest finger twitch, it doesn't take much to get it to roll up or flic flac.

Ko... no, still don't have that Tat figured out, I posted that more for the scenery than the flying. (OOOps, thought you were talking about the NYC Tattoo video) After 2 years, I still get it stuck on its back a lot. I keep flying it because it's the only kite I have that I can do more than 2 tricks on in light wind  Cheesy
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 03:55 AM by RobB » Logged

Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 08:19 PM »

Sweeeet Rob!

Jimi..........one of my all time faves Smiley

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 10:00 PM »

Nice Rob.  That seven definitely looks like a trick monster.

WTF is it with the you tube playback restrictions lately?
Ace
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 11:20 PM »

My Seven arrived yesterday Smiley Smiley Smiley

Tis bigger than I remember. Do you find it heavy at all? After 18 months flying a DS and Mohawk, may take some getting used too for me.

I'm looking forward to the weekend. Grin

In the bag... Quantum Fire, E2 Ice, Micron Red, Deepspace STD and UL Blue, Nirvana Orange, KFX Red, Mohawk XS yellow.
RobB

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 03:40 AM »

Nice Rob.  That seven definitely looks like a trick monster.

WTF is it with the you tube playback restrictions lately?
What about playback restrictions ? Do they cut you off after a certain # of videos ?

My Seven arrived yesterday

Tis bigger than I remember. Do you find it heavy at all? After 18 months flying a DS and Mohawk, may take some getting used too for me.

I'm looking forward to the weekend.
It's only heavy if the wind's too low. The winds in this video were probably around 5mph, maybe a little over. It didn't feel too heavy, if anything, I could use for it to move a little slower...  Wink

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 12:30 PM »

The last 4-5 vids posted won't play outside of you tube for me.  "this video contains content from SME.  It is restricted from playback on certain sites.  Watch o n Youe tube"
RobB

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2011, 07:32 AM »

Do you mean that the embedded player above doesn't work for you ? It plays on my machine...

justinpwheeler
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2011, 10:43 AM »

It won't play on my iPhone either.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2011, 11:57 AM »

This one doesn't play on my cheap and elderly laptop

[attachments older than 90 days deleted by admin]

Allen, AKA kitehead
ghfisanotti
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 12:12 PM »

Very nice and smooth, Rob! I particularly liked the wrapped up tricks. Congratulations and thanks for sharing.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document