GWTW Forum
September 19, 2014, 09:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is Pim Kusters?  (Read 1515 times)
emegaz
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: August 03, 2011, 07:49 PM »

I was looking for Pim Kusters who made the subzero and essence. I need parts for the essence. The email he has on dutchkites doesn't work. So if someone has his email Id be very grapeful =p thz

Joe Branek
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 08:23 PM »

I was looking for Pim Kusters....

Long disappeared from The Scene™. His last visit to Fractured Axel, where he was more active, was Fri Nov 03, 2006.

The email he has on dutchkites doesn't work.

I've seen a post from him from 2008 that said that e-mail was dead.

I think you'd be more likely to find someone who might know on a Dutch forum such as Vliegerforum.nl if it's something specific or show us where the problem lies for a crowdsourced solution.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
emegaz

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 09:00 PM »

I am missing all the parts for the yoyo cage for the essence. If anyone knows where I can get the parts or what the parts even are plz let me know thz
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 09:52 PM »

A bit larger picture would help, I'm sure somebody could ID those parts, most builders use off the shelf parts.

this one is better but a closeup would help further

Oh I think I'm seeing what you're refering too, a yoyo cage, like was used on the French Connection? I think I put mine on once and took it off. You'll have to check what size rod fits in those t-connectors on the stand-offs then pickup some solid carbon rod in that size and the corresponding FSD leading edge connectors and a couple end caps and you should be able to make something very close to the original if you think you need it.

Once you have the rod size, same as the standoffs I'll bet, and probably 3mm, contact Steve here at GWTW/Chico Kites, he can set you up with the rod, FSD connectors and end caps needed.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 10:10 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
emegaz

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 10:14 PM »

sorry these are the best I can do with my phone

emegaz

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 10:23 PM »

mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 01:44 AM »

The fittings on the stand-offs look very much like an FSD Leading Edge Connector with one side cut off, I'm assuming to allow them to get right to the sail side of the stand-offs. The one on the cross rod between the stand-offs also looks like a stock FSD LE connector. FSD's are the only T type connectors I'm aware of available in 2, 3 & 4mm sizes, one of those will be your stand-off size.

Since it looks like you have one side intact it won't be any problem to cut some new carbon rod to match and pick up an FSD fitting.

FSD LE Connectors below, Steve has them in stock here

[attachments older than 90 days deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 01:52 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
coogee

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 02:25 AM »

What for and Why?
obijuankenobe

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 02:48 AM »

The essence is a crap kite.  Sell it to me, and get yourself something better.

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Kareloh
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 05:02 AM »

Cheesy@Obi

Wow, another original Essence.
I wouldn't bother putting the cage back. I would recommend to use the UL specs (bridle, LS position, standoff position).
Makes it much nicer in my opinion. I still use my Essence STD (which is a WindFactory version) for TP competition in higher windspeeds.
Love it.

@ Cogee:
The cage will help to keep the shape of the kite even in multiple wraps (yoyo's).

@mike:
I guess you mean Vliegerwereld.nl, and Pim does visit once in a while. Vliegerforum is more or less powerkiters teritory.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:09 AM by Kareloh » Logged
emegaz

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 06:40 AM »

Thanks for your useful help mikenchico.
@ Cogee:
The cage will help to keep the shape of the kite even in multiple wraps (yoyo's).

It doesnt track but its a lazy susan yoyo ladder machine so I'll have to pass. Also its the last kite I have left that I got from Europe(direct from Pim).
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 09:11 AM »

a yoyo cage, like was used on the French Connection?
WARNING !!! Can of worms alert. Do not approach without exercising great care.

Quote from: obijuankenobe
Sneaky. Wink

Quote from: Kareloh
I guess you mean Vliegerwereld.nl, and Pim does visit once in a while. Vliegerforum is more or less powerkiters teritory.
I know nothing of the intricacies of Dutch kite forums. I just picked the first one that popped up with Pim's name somewhere in it. Undecided

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document