GWTW Forum
July 25, 2014, 11:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A day at the Beach and Nite w/ the Moon  (Read 865 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: August 05, 2011, 05:32 PM »

This is two parts.  I got there early yesterday and left about 12:45 p.m.  I later returned about 7:30 p.m.  Sun is starting to set earlier now.  Gets darker fast ... :'( :'( :'(

Started off early and just could not let the day go.  Got to get some lights. 

Surpise ending... 

valevtine's day.wmv
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 05:53 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 05:49 PM »

Awesome job man! I haven't been able to get out and fly for the last couple weeks...  Cry been missing it for sure. I love the 540 at the end! Keep it up.
Shane

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 05:54 PM »

Ok, I'm not gonna lie... I LOLed at the nosedive in the water at 442. Bahaha. The recovery was GOLD though!
The 540s are still looking better and better everytime. Now it's time to do them next to eachother when we mess around with more pairs stuff. Eh? Eh?   Tongue

I love the look of the WMUL against the water. (love the standard too, dont get me wrong). Can't wait to see the matching Standard coming!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 01:17 AM »

OK!  That was a great 540...flat...exit vertically...amazing progress.  (Now, what about the other side?)

Wink

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
vertigo2u

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 03:06 PM »

I remember mikeinchico telling me I had to learn the axel on both sides...  Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Now 540's on the other side... Damn going to be a LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLlllllllllllllllllllllllllloooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggg week,  Everybody better get ready.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

This is going to be tough..of course I haven't tried yet.  First I want to  Cry Cry Cry a little....

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
badcloud
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, 08:51 PM »

Wow - your video and audio were fantastic , and relaxing - I am in Arkansas , no winds here 103 deg to 113 deg for a while now .
I am really curious , your letting nice expensive kites dip and submerge in water ------------- what sort of care do you provide to your kites
after flying to combat mildue and moisture....................  yor talent for flying is wonderful.

scott maddox
arkansas
vertigo2u

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 06:02 AM »

Afterwards I hang them in garage on a clamp and wash em'  with windex........  The lake is fresh water No Salt, however if you don't care for the sail it will color bleed.  No Winds.. Watch my next Video with Ocius Sul... shorten the lines from 100' 100lb. to 50' 50lb.  You'll be flying..

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document