GWTW Forum
April 16, 2014, 12:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This flight last night was for the memories....  (Read 782 times)
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 05, 2011, 06:29 PM »

Last night I stopped on the way home from the Post Office at my near by Gig Harbor Park that is named for a very special lady who passed this life all too soon.

Last night was truly something special...

Noticing that it was DEAD CALM...NOT A BREATH OF WIND.  So I took that moment to read carefully this note that is posted beneath this flower pot that is maintained by her husband. Who still after years of her passing...continues to put fresh flowers on a regular basis throughout the year.

After carefully reading this...SUDDENLY A SOFT BREEZE BEGAN TO BLOW straight in off the water.
I took my HQ BREEZE quickly out of its sleve, hooked up my short 75 ft of 50lb. lines...turned on my headset and the station was playing that song
"GONE TO SOON!".
 I flew an improto  choro tribute routine to this beautiful lady on the photo in this amazing soft breeze off the harbor....until the song ended----------

At EXACTLY THE MOMENT THE SONG ENDED...SO DID THAT BEAUTIFUL SMOOOOOTH SOFT BREEZE ALSO STOPPED BLOWING?

To put it mildly...I was more than a little overwhelmed by this blessing?
TBTG and to the memory of this beautiful lady...GONE TOO SOON

[attachments older than 90 days deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 07:26 PM by Sketch » Logged
DecSkybirds
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, 03:46 PM »

i lived in gig harbor, and my buddy still lives there.  Beautiful place.  Not the same without the span deli though...mmm best corndogs ever! 

Riders Of Heaven -Shiva STD, Shiva Comp UL, Shiva Full Vent, HQ X-Bow, Prism Quantum, Skyburner Wahoo UL
Sketch

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 07:48 PM »

i lived in gig harbor, and my buddy still lives there.  Beautiful place.  Not the same without the span deli though...mmm best corndogs ever! 

The GIG is a beautiful place...however we still feel EXILED* at times...Hummm?
EXILE is another one of my favorite all time kites.

My last foolish purchase was my Silver Fox 2.5 UL kite...(what a mistake to begin to lable this otherwise interesting kite "AN ULTRA LIGHT Cheesy What were they thinking?...
This truly is one fun kite...however still rates as one of the heaviest kites in my kitebag.

We moved here up into East Harbor Estates waaay back in 2003 before the new bridge was finished.

THE SPAN DELI??? (Where was that located?)
...(we still hang at THE TIDES PUB...quite often when the weather is nice.

here is a shot taken at my favorite kite site....across the Purdy Spit bridge at low time

[attachments older than 90 days deleted by admin]
DecSkybirds
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 09:07 PM »

yeah my buddy who lives in burley lagoon sees you flying the kites sometimes (can see bridge area and all from where he lives) and tells me about you.  I also lived on Burley road for a while.  I used to eat at the floatation device tavern all the  time, great burgers and greasy fries.  The span deli was right to the left of the end of the bridge (coming into gig harbor) and was pretty much a landmark and should never have been closed down.  When i come up to visit next I will have to look you up so we can meet to fly, I usually stay at his place a couple of days while I am back up in WA.  Cheers.

Riders Of Heaven -Shiva STD, Shiva Comp UL, Shiva Full Vent, HQ X-Bow, Prism Quantum, Skyburner Wahoo UL
Sketch

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2011, 07:33 PM »

yeah my buddy who lives in burley lagoon sees you flying the kites sometimes (can see bridge area and all from where he lives) and tells me about you.  I also lived on Burley road for a while.  I used to eat at the floatation device tavern all the  time, great burgers and greasy fries.  The span deli was right to the left of the end of the bridge (coming into gig harbor) and was pretty much a landmark and should never have been closed down.  When i come up to visit next I will have to look you up so we can meet to fly, I usually stay at his place a couple of days while I am back up in WA.  Cheers.
Right on....The Tides Pub downtown is a great place for a burger on the deck in the eve....however sooooooooo many folks tend to know about this place and always a huge crowd gathers...I have flown a couple of times a the entrance to the harbor when invited by one of the lucky land owners..Sydny Lybecker.

[attachment deleted by admin to converve server storage space]
Sketch

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2011, 07:36 PM »

Here is a shot taken of me and my clan from the deck of The Tides Pub in downtown Gig Harbor a while back.

[attachment deleted by admin to converve server storage space]
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography