GWTW Forum
December 20, 2014, 05:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Premier kites Canard  (Read 2683 times)
Michel
Trade Count: (+12)

« on: May 19, 2011, 10:02 AM »

Hi all,

I'm looking for the right lenght for the Canard's spreader (including the vinyl endcap)

Impossible for me to close the velcro at the end of the spars. Too long....

Or perhaps is the velcro too short (10 cm - 4") ?

Thanks in advance for your help.  Wink

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 02:29 PM by Tataouine » Logged
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 03:25 PM »

i would cut both spreaders down to a length that works.....i remember that those were fussy...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 02:08 AM »

Ours is the same way. It made me question whether the sail should go under the spine or above the spine. If you put the sail above the spine then you can close the Velcro and the wing forms into a nice airfoil shape. If it's under the spine you can't close the velcro. Ted said the sail goes under the spine but his Velcro closes that way. The pictures in the manual were not clear enough for me to figure it out. It does fly with the sail above the spine.

I'd measure ours but I don't think it would help you much since we have the same problem. Try it once with sail above the spine and see if it flys ok. After some flight time that way ours stretched enough that we can now barely get the velcro to catch.

Another option would be a trip to your sewing or crafts store for some double sided Velcro or alternately some peel and stick Velcro to make some extensions until the sail stretches, Just make them a couple inches long, hooks on one side fuzzy on the other.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 02:20 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Michel

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2011, 12:03 PM »

Ours is the same way. It made me question whether the sail should go under the spine or above the spine. If you put the sail above the spine then you can close the Velcro and the wing forms into a nice airfoil shape. If it's under the spine you can't close the velcro. Ted said the sail goes under the spine but his Velcro closes that way. The pictures in the manual were not clear enough for me to figure it out. It does fly with the sail above the spine.

Sail under the spine : you mean like the picture following ? This assembly is not right ?

I'd measure ours but I don't think it would help you much since we have the same problem.

Many thanks in advance !  Wink
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2011, 11:24 PM »

Sail under the spine : you mean like the picture following ? This assembly is not right ?

That is the only way we could assemble ours and is correct for a Platz, Plutz or Marconi three other types of canard style kites, but according to Ted here in Chico that is wrong the sail should go on the other side of the spine and he has been flying his Canard for years. Also if you check Premiers own video's of the Vector Canard RC they have the spine on the other side or on top of the sail.

Premier RC - Vector Kite Canard.mpg

Premier RC's Canard Flown at the Toledo Show 2010

Quote from: mikenchico
I'd measure ours but I don't think it would help you much since we have the same problem.

Many thanks in advance !  Wink

Ours were too long at first and still are but after some air time the sail must've stretched, we can now close the Velcro while assembled "Correctly", but still not with as much overlap as I'd prefer. I would just trim your's off 6 mm or so at a time until you can make the fold over work, if you haven't flown it much leave them a little long to allow for the sail to stretch a bit.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 11:39 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Michel

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2011, 02:34 PM »

Many thanks for your advices Mikenchico.  Wink

I'll try that.
Michel

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 02:28 PM »

Hi Premier Canard fans !

Another question : how is it possible to fly Canard as stack ?

How many bridles and length between 2 kites ?

Thanks in advance.  Wink
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 10:12 PM »

I had the tight spreader thing on my Carnard.

What I found was that if I left one Velcro strap open and then closed the other side with the Velcro flush, then pressed the other spreader in with my thumb and then closed it lining the Velcro up flush again, it resulted in a nicely tensioned sail.

No need to cut the spreaders or assemble the kite with the sail below the spine.

Try it. You'll like it.
ET
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2011, 01:17 PM »

What I found was that if I left one Velcro strap open and then closed the other side with the Velcro flush, then pressed the other spreader in with my thumb and then closed it lining the Velcro up flush again, it resulted in a nicely tensioned sail.

ditto
ainokea

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 09:37 PM »

ditto

Same here.

Take a S.W.A.G. at it.
Hal
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2011, 02:12 PM »

Same as JimB, ET and ainokea.  Check out Premier's website and download the assembly instructions for the Canard.

Hal
Helena, MT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum