GWTW Forum
July 23, 2014, 12:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solus Standard #01, and UltraLite #01.  (Read 6045 times)
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2011, 09:19 PM »

The knots aren't easy to see, but the Offset is also known as the yolk I think. The short leg on a turbo bridle.

Yolk ?

OK, the bridle has been modified with a slightly longer "turbo" section. ABW tried to dub it the yoke but no-one pays attention to him. Wink

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2011, 10:05 PM »

Yoke had a better chance than albumen.

zippy8, your subtlety is a quiet stiletto.  Shocked

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2011, 07:02 AM »

Zippy  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy wants his Yoke sunny side up...

Thanks .. John for photo... did you get colorizer from Jon Huh he was going to send it...

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2011, 11:02 AM »

I have received no colorizer.

One of my favorite ways of wasting time is playing with those things.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2011, 11:31 AM »

Colorizer, I want to play with it too!, please

Sine Metu!
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2011, 05:09 PM »

Flew my Widowmaker for 3 hours yesterday (awesome).  I've rated it as my favourite all round kite for the past 3 years.  Sounds like it might get relegated from top spot REAL soon now!

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2011, 11:16 AM »

Darn Colorizer ..............  Angry Angry I changed the colors on my Solus std.  I played all week-end.  Cheesy Cheesy  Finally settled for same,same proto  Tongue with Grays and Orange ....  There are 11 different panels you can play with..............  A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L    Huh Huh  My Ul will match Devin's Ul ..............  If Northerly winds show up as they do in early fall ... I am going to be ready ...
This kite handles High and Low winds as stated. 

If your a fan of the "Widow Maker"  ( just sold mine ... waiting for new one this week . CryCry... This kite should make you very happy... You won't leave either one down.  Solus will fly for you .... I truly believe the more experienced flyer's on this site are going to love it.  They have been working on this kite for months.  Perfecting every little nic and cranny..........  I am not that mechanical lucky I can tie my own shoe laces... 

But I can observe well.  I am learning the language they use to make changes ..i.e. "The Yoke " , Point of Attack... All regarding moving or lowering the spreader or stand offs.  and different bridle adjustments...

It is just not sewn together and here's a new kite.  Has to be able to do every trick in the book and then some...  I have watched so many guys put the kite through the hoops.  At least 20 different flyer's easily ... Every guy has a smile on his face afterwards.  Grin

Andy's advise is simple and pure. "...If I don't fly,it I won't want it ...".
Carpe' Diem ... Let the buyer beware >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Wink Wink

Remember... I am BIAS and I am not that good of a flyer to make these strong statements.  But a broken watch is right twice a day .. Undecided Undecided Undecided

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 11:20 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2011, 06:46 PM »

Thank you for the very kind words Joe. I'm glad you're getting No.2 UL as well. Smiley You have to send me pics when you get them! I doubt they'll be in before move in on saturday but we'll see! I hope so!

As for the video, we didn't get to film sunday. The weather was CRAP! Super cloudy, high changes of rain, and super variable winds. Wednesday looks GREAT THOUGH. Hoping to get some good standard footage with Jon and then as the sun is setting getting some UL footage as the wind slowly comes down.  Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Dave a
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2011, 12:58 AM »

Flew my Widowmaker for 3 hours yesterday (awesome).  I've rated it as my favourite all round kite for the past 3 years.  Sounds like it might get relegated from top spot REAL soon now!

Better make that two Kev, cheaper on postage that way  Wink
Just like this one.

adx1592

« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2011, 11:57 PM »

Hey guys, thanks for the kind words about the new kite. I have both videos done and in Jons email inbox, waiting for the A O K to post on here. Keep your eyes pealed.

One thing I'd like to add/clear up is that this new kite is in NO way a 'replacement' for the WidowMaker. They're both different birds with a whole different personality, but when you get to know both kites, changing between the WM and the Solus is extremely easy, even though the inputs are different. Joe (vertigo2u) has been flying both like he's been flying them for months and the final products of each kite are only about a week old (5 days for the UL). If you have a WM on your wishlist, by all means go for it, because it's a fan- freakin'-tastic kite (to be blunt)!  Smiley Think of these two kites as the two 'brothers' of the skyburner family.

Long story short- if you like one, you'll like the other. So far out of all the Widowmaker flyers that I've asked to test this kite, they've all said they like both a lot. It'll take a little bit to get used to because of the lighter inputs on a bigger kite yes, but the results are really rewarding.  Smiley Keep your eyes pealed for the video.

In other news about the UL- we changed the tail weight from 10-11 to 12 and that hit the sweet spot. Makes backspins WAY easier and doesn't affect anything else, including low wind range. We all had some fun with this kite at the field tonight.

Also, news about the colorizer, if you haven't gotten an email with it yet, it'll be up sometime this week on the SB site!  Smiley

Thanks all,
Devin
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:00 AM by adx1592 » Logged

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
adx1592

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2011, 08:31 AM »

Ok! The colorizer and the new page for the Solus are now on the skyburner site (with Waynes video also).

Thanks all for reading and posting in this thread, and thanks to Jon and Marieanne for everything they've done though this whole process!  Smiley

Have fun wrapping your head around the colorizer, it completely wrecked me when I did mine, bahaha.  Cheesy

Happy flying!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
AlexanderH

« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2011, 09:38 AM »

I tried out the colorizer and found it very entertaining. I think I found a great color design. I was wondering if the Solus was for sale yet?

Alexander
adx1592

« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2011, 09:48 AM »

Yeah Alex, send an email, or call Jon sometime. I know some people have put in orders already.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 02:45 PM by adx1592 » Logged

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
jon t

« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2011, 07:54 AM »

I don't often chime in but I just wanted to say that it was so much fun working with Devon on the Solus.  His input was tremendous.  He has certainly surpassed me as a flyer and the Solus from start to finish has name and personality all over it.  I've been flying with Devin since he was around four years old and his abilities amazed me then and still amaze me now. It's good to know young flyers like Devin and Alex that have so much passion for the sport.  Both of them are both incredible musicians as well kite flyers and hopefully will meet and fly together for the first time at the Kite Party's 10th anniversary in Huntington Beach.  Should be quite a show.
Jon
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2011, 12:58 PM »

Nice to see you post Jon, you should frequent more often. Smiley  Can't wait for my Solus to get here so we can bang it around.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document