GWTW Forum
September 30, 2014, 06:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favorite Kite?  (Read 10828 times)
chrispie
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2009, 01:27 AM »

quite a number mentioned Talon. Is it any good?

Quite possibly the best freestyle kite on the market.  The build quality and flight characteristics for the price is unmatched.  The only other kite to rival it is the Deep Space, but the Talon beats it out by a small margin.

HOw about the Talon UL?

Decide . Commit . Succeed
My Poisons:
-Eolo Genesis
-Flying Wings Airwave
-Widowmaker Std Custom
-Talon UL
-Talon Std
Francois
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2009, 04:44 AM »

quite a number mentioned Talon. Is it any good?

Quite possibly the best freestyle kite on the market.  The build quality and flight characteristics for the price is unmatched.  The only other kite to rival it is the Deep Space, but the Talon beats it out by a small margin.

HOw about the Talon UL?

Best trick UL out there Smiley

The new Frank!
chrispie

« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2009, 04:53 AM »

Tricky... tricky to convince my other half...  Angry

I do wonder, say you have the WM or Nirvana, plus the Talon/Deepspace UL. That means you have some of the very best Std AND UL kite in the market already.. where is the need to buy more and more kites? With the Std and UL, you probably covered the wind range that is available 99.9% of the time.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2009, 05:36 AM by chrispie » Logged

My Poisons:
-Eolo Genesis
-Flying Wings Airwave
-Widowmaker Std Custom
-Talon UL
-Talon Std
DaveH
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2009, 06:41 AM »

Variety is the spice of life  Wink
chrispie

« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2009, 07:47 PM »

Variety is the spice of life  Wink

If only my other half agrees to your statement : as far as kites are concerned.

My Poisons:
-Eolo Genesis
-Flying Wings Airwave
-Widowmaker Std Custom
-Talon UL
-Talon Std
SMG
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2010, 07:38 PM »

MY favorite kite is easily my Nirvana. I have learned so much with that kite since I bought it, it loves to be in a fade and locks in quickly for me when I try to get into said fade.
The Nirvana seems to have good range as well, I have flown it in 3-4mph winds (not well mind you) and as high as a gusty 15mph.

I recently received a Gemini, which I really need some time with, I think it will become a close second.

For light wind, I have only one UL, a SF 2.5 UL which works well. I really didn't like this kite last year, but now after learning more on the Nirvana, I can do so much more on the SF its crazy.

For high wind, definitely my Sea Devil Mid Vent, again still getting used to it, but flew it today in 14mph wind and it was awesome. Not many tricks to be had at that speed, but there was an eerie howling coming from the kite which I am assuming is the vents. Never heard it on any of my other kites.

Cheers,
Sean
KeithG
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2010, 07:26 AM »

Right now I'm flying the Talon std. and Diablis the most. I just got the Talon UL so that is getting time when the wind is right. The Nirvana will always be in my top five along with my Vipers. I still enjoy flying the Vipers, especially the UL.

Keith

Kites & Corvettes, both, a great way to fly.
dragonfly
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2010, 02:43 PM »

Seconded. Like to mention the Ophidion UL, which reaches into the SUL range, my favourite when the Talon UL fails. And of course the Vendetta UL. ------------- BTW how you getting on with the K2?

:: a carbon framed out-of-body experience ::
Beachbum
« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2010, 03:25 PM »

Seconded. Like to mention the Ophidion UL, which reaches into the SUL range, my favourite when the Talon UL fails. And of course the Vendetta UL. ------------- BTW how you getting on with the K2?

The K2 is an awesome kite, in fact I might demo mine out after everyone stops sending me their stuff to modify/fix/demo so I can get some more time on it.

In fact this Wednesday I should get time on Master Sturdy's Saber 2!
Charly
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2010, 10:46 PM »

My all time favorite has always been a Prism Eclipse or Fanatic.

Charly

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document