GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 04:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solus Teaser .... 50lb. 75' lines 1.5 mph  (Read 1225 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: August 17, 2011, 10:16 PM »

The wind had died down to almost 1mph.  Little-Creep-O would not give up the std.  All evening.  He and Jon played video tag  Embarrassed .  The little creep-O has video coming also... So near the end when there was No Wind left.  He pulls out the Ul ... Tongue .  First segment I video him.  Then I take over before the photo photo.  Who is that guy doing the fade's ??  Kiss ..
I got my new Widow Maker Today.  She is so nice to fly.  These are two different kites.  As different as  Corvette is to a Cadi ... Each are nice car, luxury,but serves a different purpose.  Some days I want to fly my Mamba to prance in the sky ... Other days it's me and the Widow pounding the clouds.  Eloquance vs. Dynamic .......  The Solus and Widow Maker are two different flying machines.  The Solus helped me in doing better Fades first time.  It will make me a better flyer I know that for sure.  My future of kite trickerory will improve. 

Having both Widow Maker and Solus ( on Order ). ( flown it a lot ). I suggest.... Own them both.
 I have Never paid full price at check out of " Kites and Fun Things".  I ALWAYS PUT MONEY DOWN.  Yep !!  Helps at Check out time... It makes it cheaper by making two or three payments than One Big One.  Send a check or cash.  If you buy a used kite on-line it cost usually $200+.  YOU PAY IN FULL...OUCH !!! on a tight budget... Send down payment  Smiley... have it built.. save more Piaster's  Undecided... I make the last payment feel like I'am getting it free. Wink  I paid for my Widow Maker in two installments.  Got it today paid nothing out the door. Cheesy Wink Grin Cheesy Wink Grin  ( Just a Thought).

To me this kite feels different from any other kite I have flown.   I have had her in High Wind and low wind.  She enjoys either wind.  Somedays flying different kites is a matter of background,sun,wind and mood.  Certain days it's the color of a certain kite that fits the mood.
The Solus will fit a mood,a need, a desire.  Let's face it... No one  in this Kite World will ever be satisfyied with One Kite...  We want change..better..faster..more.   Tongue

But we become attached to memories associated with a kite.  The moment we do our first trick or land.  The color of the sky.  The ease it is sometimes to do a particular trick.  The moment the feel is just right and our mind and muscle's make the connection with the string and nylon.  One kite helps us do one thing easier than another.  No way could I have ever learned to do an axel on a Pro Dancer.  I learned on a Widow Maker.  But I can now do axel's with a Pro Dancer.
Old School tricks call for Old School kites.... One day they will call the "Solus" old school. Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The Little Creep-O fly's first with  1-1/2mph wind.  Then me before the photo... Opps didn't get a lot of the "little-Creep-O who is going back to school this week-end and leaving his friends.
Got the video up first..(wait to you see him flying )... :'( :'( :'( :'( Tongue Tongue Tongue

Wasn't sure YouTube would allow audio so I did two different music backgrounds.
Rufus says... "Hi". ask my dad to bring me once in a while.  I feel orphaned.  Next kite call it the Orphan Maker.  Rufie Out !!
#2.wmv

Take my heart away.wmv
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:47 AM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 07:29 PM »

Norm watch the fade's near the end.    Solus does it easily over my WM

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change