GWTW Forum
July 24, 2014, 09:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Look, NO stains  (Read 383 times)
np
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: July 21, 2014, 03:15 PM »

You won't find stains on any of these and here's a picture to prove it. No, they're not Boas, they're better. Of course, I'm just a little biased. The four-knot equalizers provide fast in-field line-equalization and finger tip line control. These are now on the way to A Wind of Change. If you purchase a pair of these and they fail, just send them back to me,  NOT (A Wind of Change) and I'll replace them with a new pair. That's MY guarantee.

Norm's Custom hand-made Finger and Wrist Straps are made using a premium Rock Climbing or Military specification tubular nylon webbing. The webbing is hot cut and then sewn together using a high strength upholstery thread and finished with a piece of flat black nylon webbing. The flight straps have a four knot line-equalizer added for fast in-the-field line-equalization. The straps are soft and have a very comfortable feel in your hands. Made in the USA using the best materials available. These flight straps are built to last a life time. If they become soiled, just wash them in warm water using a mild liquid soap, thoroughly rinse and let dry.

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:55 PM by np » Logged

Go figure if I am a beginner or not.  It is all relative. How does that sound?
wagsboyz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 09:28 PM »

Nice look'n straps Norm !!!   I guess I'll have to produce my own stains???
np

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 05:54 PM »

I guess you can consider the quotes below a review of sort for all of the new fliers who are unfamiliar with my straps. If you are considering purchasing a pair of these, you'd better get them now as I will not be making anymore.

Norm's straps are the bomb...  Grin

The two-finger straps provide excellent line control, and the material of the 'Norm Straps' just makes them a joy to hold compared to the hard, scratchy material of most straps. Good straps, good line, and a good kite. It's all important !

Also I use "Norm's Flight Straps"(aval. at Jon T's)..actually Jon,Devin,Mike,Dave,Joe all fly Norm's Straps.  Ask Jon T love's em'...

Also ask about Norm's Flight Straps... It will improve your flying.

Norm makes the best straps I've ever used !

Thanks Norm, I love your wrist straps.

Just goes to show what you can do with those "custom straps"...

Some things in Life are just Good.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Like Norm's flying straps...

Norm made me a believer a long time ago... It started with his Flight Straps ... That started me changing and getting better... This whole thread is worth re-reading... Simple I ditto everything said...
Contact Jon T and ask him what he thinks of Norm's Straps.  Then hope he has some for sale....  Check web site...

I'll +3 on Norm's straps, they are as sweet as it gets.

I agree.  Norm's finger straps look cool as hell and work even better!

Norm's straps are f'ing awesome.  Cheesy

I CAN NOT believe what they're charging for those straps, I would pay 3X that. The straps are that good. I'm going to have to chase down some wrist straps for my standard kites. The finger straps are EXCELLENT for light wind flying, I've mothballed all my other light wind straps and only use the Norm Straps !

I have not seen the pricing on these RobB but I agree with you, they are the best straps I've ever had and considering that, I would pay more to get a pair of these. Norm does make a mean set of straps!! 
 I just started using mine and they are replacing all of my older straps!! Hence my question about the wrist straps.

Re: AVFFF "Trick Challenge" Now CLOSED
Yea !! Like everyone can paint like Picaso      ... You guys don't get it.      Norm is a "Master".      You don't try,attempt,duplicate,the Master.     You only bear witness in Aaahhhhhh.       Then beg the Master as I have for a pair or win em'      ... copyright,copyright,copyright.       

THis is all do to Norm's Flight Straps.  I seriously mean that.  When I started to feel the lines EVERYTHING changed.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:56 PM by np » Logged

Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 07:10 PM »

to be clear these straps will be/are for sale only from http://awindofchange.com/?
« Last Edit: Today at 06:34 PM by Steve » Logged

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
np

« Reply #4 on: Today at 12:16 PM »

to be clear these straps will be/are for sale only from http://awindofchange.com/?

The exact straps in the picture above are for sale at A Wind of Change, not from me. However, if for some reason they fail, just mail them to me, NOT back to AWOC and I will make you a new pair. In four years of making these straps I haven't heard of a failure yet, but you never know. When GWTW first started carrying California Custom Flight Straps in November 2010 they were not an exclusive dealer and neither is a AWOC an exclusive dealer for Norm's Custom Flight Straps. So, for those in the market for a pair, you had better get them now from AWOC while he has a good supply, because I am not making anymore flight straps. They are not listed on AWOC webpages, so just give them a call @ 1-702-736-1476.
« Last Edit: Today at 07:07 PM by np » Logged

Captainbob
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: Today at 05:38 PM »

\

Says that page doesn't exist.

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
Revolution SLE,  Revolution B Series mid vent.
northwavesailor
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:04 PM »

Try this:

http://awindofchange.com/

If you take the '?' out of the AWOC web address, their page will load 
Captainbob
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #7 on: Today at 06:11 PM »

Try this:

http://awindofchange.com/

If you take the '?' out of the AWOC web address, their page will load 

I know the AWOC website, just looking for a link to this product on that website.

AKA Member
Dualies and Revs
Kitebag:
Skyburner Niknak , Freestylist UL,   Premier Widow NG,  Prism Zephyr  4D ,   HQ Symphony 1.8
Revolution SLE,  Revolution B Series mid vent.
np

« Reply #8 on: Today at 06:26 PM »

I know the AWOC website, just looking for a link to this product on that website.

Norm's Custom Flight Straps are NOT pictured or listed on his webpages and never have been. You need to call and talk to Kent or Daelyn. He does have other straps pictured and listed on his pages.

Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #9 on: Today at 06:33 PM »

do what ever it takes to get a pair of these ... they really are a great strap.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #10 on: Today at 09:40 PM »

Thanks for the props Steve.  To order a pair or two, just give us a call or e-mail Daelyn at customerservice@awindofchange.com and we can get you taken care of.  The pictures of the straps are above and they are first come, first serve.  We normally don't put these up on our website because they sell out so fast.  I have been using these straps myself for over 2 years now and love them.  Great looking, feel wonderful against the skin and are very comfy.

wagsboyz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #11 on: Today at 09:50 PM »

How much are they??  Finger straps 3/4"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document