GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 03:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: future kites  (Read 1714 times)
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 23, 2011, 02:54 AM »

hi to all
any idea will kite  be similar as today's kite and will tricks will be similar as today too in the future.
Smooth winds
thanks
« Last Edit: August 23, 2011, 06:44 AM by vigli » Logged
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 03:51 AM »

FYI....

Would you care to rephrase, repunctuate and respell the question please so that we may attempt to answer it. You really are going to have to meet us halfway here.

Mike,
not the Spelling Police, not the Grammar Police, just wants to understand.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Danno419
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 09:14 AM »

Let me give this a shot -
I believe Vigli is asking us what we think the future holds for sport kite design and tricking/freestyle.
Will sport kites take on a new design/feel/look and will/would tricking/freestyle follow suit.

My opinion - If you take a look back through all the years (which i've done because i haven't been kiting for as long as a lot of folks here - and it interests me greatly) Sport kite design and their capabilities has changed drastically over the years - and in effect - so has tricking.
That being said - i really feel like the envelope has been pushed already - there are amazing...even astonishing things being done with sport kites, world wide.
A good question would be - whats next in the world of tricking/freestyle? -and- who will make/pilot that next kite that takes the sport as a whole to the next level?
Just thinking about it, excites me.  Cool

JoE Talon UL #4
JoE Talon STD #138
Zephyr
4D
Acrobatx
Snapshot 1.2 & 2.5
Hmmmm Talon vent or SUL next... decisions decisions.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 09:51 AM »

Sport kite flying went through a period of rapid change in the mid '90s and again in the early '00s. The change since 2003 or so has been incremental. The fact that things haven't changed much in a long time either means that some big shift is coming, or that there's not a lot of room for advancement.

I can't see any big changes coming in sport kite flying, but what do I know. The biggest shift in kiting in the last few years has been in the resurgence of quad flying and the interest in low wind SLKs. Nothing futuristic there.

Allen, AKA kitehead
Doc Z
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 10:28 AM »

Maybe there innovation bottleneck has to do with the material available.  I haven't really thought this through very much, but maybe something like a spar-less kite?  Kinda like just a rigid, super light sail that's pressed into shape and will maintain that shape without sticks? 
indigo_wolf

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 01:31 PM »

Maybe there innovation bottleneck has to do with the material available.  I haven't really thought this through very much, but maybe something like a spar-less kite?  Kinda like just a rigid, super light sail that's pressed into shape and will maintain that shape without sticks? 

That would make transport kind of dicey.... not to mention the requirement for hugs kite bags.   Huh 

On the other hand, maybe they could double as sun shelters, so that would make it OK.  Cheesy

ATB,
Sam
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 03:26 PM »

Probably better aerodynamics for those $75 stunt kites as technology makes its way down the kite chain and making tricks EVEN easier to perform on those higher end kites, more intricate SLKs like the Plutz and/or pushing the envelope like Brasington is doing everyday in his designs and maybe a 6 or 8- line kite of some design surpassing the Rev and bringing us new kite movements from these creations? 

In my kite inventory of Dual Line Kites: Benson - Inner Space, Signature Kite of Top Pilots on an Old Style Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless - SUL, Light & Light-Vent , Transformer TL's: (SUL & Light), Transformer 2 SUL & UL.
kiteslinger
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2011, 03:56 PM »

"electrochromic” polymers  Tongue
indigo_wolf

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2011, 06:11 PM »

You are deeply disturbed..... I like it.!!!  Smiley

For Doc Z....  jump to 06:20

Batman Tech Bat Armor & Cape

ATB,
Sam
Doc Z

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2011, 06:50 PM »

That's way cooler than what I was thinking of! 
coogee
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2011, 10:31 PM »

Nano Tec Kites. The grey goo! Care will have to be taken.
 Mike
kiteslinger
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2011, 11:36 AM »

You are deeply disturbed..... I like it.!!!  Smiley

ATB,
Sam
Grin

really cool if you "could" change the colors  and/or a pattern on the fabric of your kite .. researchers  are getting better doing so for military

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change