GWTW Forum
November 26, 2014, 03:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STOLEN: Prism Illusion #6 of 40  (Read 779 times)
CJBotelho
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 22, 2011, 10:27 PM »

My Prism Illusion was stolen at Ski Beach in San Diego, CA this weekend. It also had a set of Spoilerz with it in the little purple bag they came in.

Here are some pictures of my friend's identical kite. The only difference is that it will have #6 of 40 written on the sail.

If anyone sees it around, please give me a call. 714-321-3494.

The story behind the kite is that Monty Weston wanted me to have the kite, but I didn't have the money for it. After the kite community lost her, I decided that even though I couldn't afford it, that I had to have that kite. It took a long time to find it, but I ended up finding it tucked away in the closet at the kite shop. After I bought it, I was really torn about what to do with it, since it was such a special kite to me. I finally decided that I would fly it, but only on rare occasions. Since it had been so long since I had flown, I decided that this was one of those special occasions, so I took it out. The beach was packed, and I didn't end up flying this weekend, so I ended up leaving 5 kite bags out where our group was sitting. When I packed up I didn't really pay attention and didn't notice that the Illusion was missing until I got home and unloaded the car. That's when my heart sank. I am still in shock that it's actually gone.
Sketch

« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 10:31 AM »

THAT SUCKS...
Many years ago...I ALMOST learned that same lesson to alway double check to make sure you have ALL THE KITES PACKED before leaving the area.

I had a beautiful one of a kind custom Goodwind Zephyr UL that after I got home...I had remembered that I had forgotten to put that Z into my kite bag.
I quickly drove back to the area...IT WAS NO LONGER LAYING THERE AGAINST THE PICKITY-NICKITY' BENCH.

I moped around for two days...before I got a call from one of the neighbors next to the flying field, had seen me leave and noticed that kite bag, picked it up and finally got around to calling me that he HAD NOTICED THAT I HAD WRITTEN MY NAME AND PHONE # ON THE BACK SIDE OF THE KITE BAG!

( I FELT LIKE I HAD JUST WON A LOTTO BUT ALSO FELT LIKE A FOOL.. THAT I ALSO HAD JUST LEARNED A HARD KITE LIFE LESSON)

I bought  that  kind and honest neighbor a Starbucks gift card and drove over and picked my beautiful kite and returned it to the bag.
(Same kite that later that year..I backed into winning a choro routine with it at Longbeach Wa. waaaaaaaaay back in the early  90's)
CJBotelho

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 08:13 PM »

What a shame!!  Cry Cry
Have you contacted all the people in the group to see if maybe by accident they put it in one of their kite bags?

Yes, we contacted all of the people in our group, and it wasn't with anyone's stuff. I was the only one in our group that had kites. We were mainly there to have a fun day on the Jet Skis and I just so happened to bring a few kites along with me. Honestly, I should have probably left them at the house. Also talked to friends that stayed to clean up all of our trash and nothing was left.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 08:16 PM by CJBotelho » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum