GWTW Forum
September 21, 2014, 03:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New guy in Central Ohio  (Read 999 times)
Zach
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 22, 2011, 12:20 PM »

Hey guys, new guy Zach here.  Not really new to flying, just to the forum.

I'm just getting back into flying after a 5 year or so hiatus, I mostly fly 2 lines for fun but I intend to increase my trick portfolio ASAP.

I started with a Beetle that has become my 'teach new pilots kite' and now I have an E2, stylus 1.8, and a micron.

My girlfriend has shown an interest in learning, so I may be taking advantage of the flea market here before too long.  Smiley

I'm on the east side of Columbus, anybody else fly around here?
Allen Carter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 01:49 PM »

Hi New Guy Zach,

Welcome to the Forum!

Allen

Allen, AKA kitehead
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 07:18 PM »

Zach,
welcome to the forum! I'm in youngstown if you ever make it up in this direction.
Also, you need to pencil the cleveland kite festival on your calender, Sept 10& 11. you can go here for more info:
http://osekcleveland.org/
I should be there both days, its a great place to come and try OPK( other peoples kites)

Sine Metu!
Zach

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 10:13 AM »

Thanks Allen and DD.

I think we may just check out the festival in Cleveland!
Ben
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2011, 10:25 AM »

Zack,

I'm also in Ohio - and second DD's invite to the Cleveland Kite Festival. I'll be there one of the days as will a number of Ohio flyers. CFK is a great way to meet fellow kiters and fly a wide range of kites. Hope to see and meet you there.

Ben Frustos
Alliance, OH
skyguy48
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2011, 12:41 PM »

Hey Zack,
I'm in Columbus too (actually Hilliard), and there is a guy living in Blacklick named Shawn. Another gal who lives in Whitehall too.
I fly a few dual lines, so does shawn, and Vicki flys mostly Revs.
We will all be at Beulah Park on Saturday, (8/27) evening participating in the "Balloons and Tunes" hot air balloon festival.
Shoot me a PM, and I'll give you all of the details if you are interested.

Good Winds,
Bill

Just Fly It!
Zach

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2011, 01:40 PM »

Hey Zack,
I'm in Columbus too (actually Hilliard), and there is a guy living in Blacklick named Shawn. Another gal who lives in Whitehall too.
I fly a few dual lines, so does shawn, and Vicki flys mostly Revs.
We will all be at Beulah Park on Saturday, (8/27) evening participating in the "Balloons and Tunes" hot air balloon festival.
Shoot me a PM, and I'll give you all of the details if you are interested.

Good Winds,
Bill

PM on the way!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document