GWTW Forum
November 22, 2014, 03:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripon Monthly fun fly (Today/Pics)  (Read 1731 times)
King-J
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 14, 2011, 07:47 PM »

The Ripon Monthly Fly is becoming a pretty popular event, quit a few people have been showing up for this event, Today most had start showing up between 12:00 and 1:00, George and Allen Showed with in 45 minutes of when I had gotten there, at 8:45am.There was those how have been flying for sometime and there was also some newbies. Anthony and George spent quite a bit of time with the newbies. There was SLKs, Dual lines, Quads, and foils, It was good to see ya all today.
Here are some Pictures from today. I took these before the other half-a-dozen + showed up.

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 08:31 PM »

Thanks for the pictures!  What a great place to fly!

I think that whatever I was doing in this picture ended badly. :-)

Allen, AKA kitehead
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 08:33 PM »

Was Allen barefoot?   Cheesy Cheesy

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 08:39 PM »

Was Allen barefoot?   Cheesy Cheesy

And wearing a GWTW shirt.

I like to be consistent.

Allen, AKA kitehead
mnkypkl
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 09:17 PM »

As usual nice to see everyone. Thanks to those that helped me out. Now it's back to the field to practice, practice, practice. Mike, thanks for the water. I needed it more than I thought after flying that 5 meter kite. I lost a bet to Jim, so next time I'll have to bring some beer. If it's an early morning I may substitute a pitcher of Bloody Marys. Is next months fun fly regular time or are we going to call Color the Skys the September fly.
Until next time,
Kevin
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 10:48 PM »

hey your flying field looks really wonderful. there's a nice collection of kites in the sky, friendly people flying kites, and plenty of sunshine and open grass ... dreamy. by all accounts it appears to be a great time. if only i could find a way up there i'd love to go.

Fdeli
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+83)

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 12:14 AM »

No problem, yes the 5m will give you a serious workout fast.  Kind of made the Tensor 4.2m feel like a toy.  Wink  I think I had 4 waters within 6 hrs.

Was good seeing everyone again.

Guess I need to see if Steve has any 11mm solid carbon rod, eh?

-Mike

As usual nice to see everyone. Thanks to those that helped me out. Now it's back to the field to practice, practice, practice. Mike, thanks for the water. I needed it more than I thought after flying that 5 meter kite. I lost a bet to Jim, so next time I'll have to bring some beer. If it's an early morning I may substitute a pitcher of Bloody Marys. Is next months fun fly regular time or are we going to call Color the Skys the September fly.
Until next time,
Kevin
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:48 AM »

Thanks for the pictures!  What a great place to fly!

I think that whatever I was doing in this picture ended badly. :-)

A Prophecy in a turtle can lead to some interesting things.

Here's George trying to pick up his umbrella with his rev but he forgot the paper clip on the end Smiley

Ripon 8-14 by Ca Ike, on Flickr

ITs been great!  We've hooked at least 5 new solo fliers since we began and one whole family as well is now sharing the addiction. We will also have a few more interested people I met today joining us over the next few flies to try their hand at flying.

NExt month I think most of us will be at the festival but I'm game for a fly the next weekend too (even if its only me Tongue) since I try to get out there most sundays anyway.  We'll just have to see what happens.  Btw if anyone wants to get their flying on vid let me know.  I have my cam corder with me pretty much every time..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum