GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 05:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diamondkites - Veyron  (Read 4868 times)
GiMiCX
Trade Count: (0)

« on: August 25, 2011, 12:46 AM »

Hi,
Diamondkites (Sorry...links to retailers are not allowed...they can get an ad like Blue Moon/JOE/SportkiteDesign did) have published their new machine.

For more information you can read my blog entry, there is also a video.

http://www.flyingblog.de/diamondkites-veyron/

have fun
regards
Grischa
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 03:44 AM by thief » Logged

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:09 AM »

Looks good. Am i just seeing things or did they use a shallower curve on the trailing edge than whats become common?
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 07:42 AM »

Very shallow cut to the trailing edge as I see it too.

Interesting that the Original Poster used the term "Machine" in the post, it might be the suggestion but the profile of the kite seems very reminiscent of Ron Graziano's "Machine". Not as much reverse curvature in the upper leading edge, and a Euro nose treatment rather then the very narrow nose Ron used. Of course picture angles can be very deceiving.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Ca Ike

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 01:23 PM »

The nose is pretty narrow. The big cut out for the center T is a bit different as well as the shallow cut of the TE.  WOuld like to demo this kite if possible.
Hadge

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 04:08 PM »

Very nice looking kite, but at 300 Euros (330 Euros for the Aerostuff version) on my side of the pond, I can't see many ending up Stateside. 

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Ca Ike

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 08:31 PM »

Very nice looking kite, but at 300 Euros (330 Euros for the Aerostuff version) on my side of the pond, I can't see many ending up Stateside. 
YEs the price of these is pretty much the same as a TNT about $585 so they will be trickling over here if any make it at all.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2011, 05:10 AM »

btw Grischa:
Beautiful picture!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
John Welden

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2011, 06:37 PM »

Great flying a video making. Thanks.
Mauler

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 09:18 PM »

That flying is seriously off the hook.  Amazing control.  Love the Taz Machines.

Bravo.

Huh

And I agree, it resembles Ron's Machine a bit too much.  Some of the pictures on the website show a reverse curvature on the leading edge, along with the closely spaced standoffs.
GiMiCX

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2011, 01:04 AM »

Hey,
The developers have no kite from Ron. And i also think there isn't one in Germany, at least i didn't see one ever here in Germany.
Bernd Schucht screwed again and again for several years on its own concepts, so I think similarities must be pure coincidence.
Close Standoffs currently have almost all high end kites, right?

BTW: Thanks for the compliment, I love the picture too.

regards
Grisha

SRY for my baaad english

emegaz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2011, 02:57 AM »

I wouldn't mind trying one out  Tongue
Ca Ike

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2011, 03:20 AM »

Hey,
The developers have no kite from Ron. And i also think there isn't one in Germany, at least i didn't see one ever here in Germany.
Bernd Schucht screwed again and again for several years on its own concepts, so I think similarities must be pure coincidence.
Close Standoffs currently have almost all high end kites, right?

BTW: Thanks for the compliment, I love the picture too.

regards
Grisha

SRY for my baaad english
There isn't much that hasn't been done on kites lately when it comes to design.  YOu can pick out 5 different kites and see similarities in all of them.  Regardless of the similarities to other kites it still looks good and I wouldn't mind having a chance to demo one myself.
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2011, 09:38 AM »

yep, I was just pointing out some similarity's after seeing the term Machine used, very few people have ever seen a "Machine" much less held one or own one. Any of the differences I also noted would alter the kites characteristics significantly. Only the designer could say where his influences for the design came from, like Anthony said there is very little that hasn't been tried by someone in modifying the basic delta shape for different performance.

I like design too, afraid like the Machine I'll probably never see one much less get to fly one unless it becomes Denny's new passion.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2011, 09:41 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
nobbl2k

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2011, 11:13 AM »

yep, I was just pointing out some similarity's after seeing the term Machine used, very few people have ever seen a "Machine" much less held one or own one.
As I see it, the word "machine" was used rather due to a word by word translation from German to English than referring to Ron's famous kite. The term "machine" means in German something like a highly technical vehicle like a race bike, motorbike or a race car, which are very sophisticated gadgets for doing sports with and using in competitions. That was the original intention IMO.

Apart from that there have been really two or three Ron Machines over here in Germany.  Smiley
I remember, that a guy named Chriz won them in two or three auctions for a pretty horrendous amount of money.
I don't know, if they are still exisiting anywhere or what has happened to them though.
GiMiCX

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2011, 11:39 PM »

That was the original intention IMO.
exactly!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document