GWTW Forum
August 22, 2014, 10:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie from Northern CA (EastBay)  (Read 3816 times)
kitebug
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 08:59 PM »

The Bay Area Sport Kite League, and NCKC. Will be at Ocean Beach on SEP 10th, for the Golden Gate Challenge.

Come check it out and hang and fly with us!

www.baskl.org then click on schedule for more Info.

good winds! Kitebug
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:30 AM by kitebug » Logged

Volando!
Cisco
DonCrash
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2011, 07:47 AM »

No, that's why I've never seen YOU there.    Roll Eyes

hahaha...  Cheesy  Tongue  Grin

The field might set fire if the day happens; a giant crater shall appear in the mid of the grass area, and kite demons flying dual-lines with kevlar will pop out running around in a frenzy  Huh

Vented L'organic; Vortex; DS (closeted); Quantum (modded to taz); Ocius STD, UL, UL (2pt P90), SUL; Pi (Home made kite)
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2011, 10:14 PM »

Thursday huh, If I've got nothing to do, I'm planning to be there, but I'm usually gone by 3ish  Sad

Because of the heavy commuter traffic, I'd planned to head that way pretty early-- maybe I'll get to meet you too!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
madhabitz

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2011, 10:16 PM »

The Bay Area Sport Kite League, and NCKC. Will be at Ocean Beach on SET 10th, for the Golden Gate Challenge.

Come check it out and hang and fly with us!

Awesome, I've marked the date-- thanks!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
AKA_MrBill
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2011, 12:14 PM »

I should be able to get to Cesar Chavez park this Saturday in the mid to late afternoon with my wife and son. I'll have my Exile, Nexus and Micron with me (maybe even my Flashlight), he'll have his Hypnotist. If any of you spot us, feel free to come by and introduce yourselves.

BTW, where at CC park do you recommend to fly? I've only been there the one time and we flew just south of what looks like an old smoke stack or well tank (old and rusty). It is right in the east center of the park.
madhabitz

« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2011, 05:14 PM »

I should be able to get to Cesar Chavez park this Saturday in the mid to late afternoon with my wife and son. I'll have my Exile, Nexus and Micron with me (maybe even my Flashlight), he'll have his Hypnotist. If any of you spot us, feel free to come by and introduce yourselves.

BTW, where at CC park do you recommend to fly? I've only been there the one time and we flew just south of what looks like an old smoke stack or well tank (old and rusty). It is right in the east center of the park.

Oh man, I'd love to go, but I have to work. Check out DonCrash's post (4th one from the top on the first page of this thread) with the Google map link for the park (also one for Shoreline). It's great-- shows just where to be.

DonCrash

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2011, 12:26 AM »

The Cesar Chavez park gang usually hang about the area next to the culdesac of the parking lot; it's the same location where Highline Kites would park their minitruck in the afternoon of weekends. It is where I fly as well. We all have our folding chairs there as well.

Have fun this weekend, camping trip is taking me first this saturday.

Vented L'organic; Vortex; DS (closeted); Quantum (modded to taz); Ocius STD, UL, UL (2pt P90), SUL; Pi (Home made kite)
Allen Carter
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2011, 09:42 AM »

We have a new kite nut in our midst!

Nancy has got the bug, and got it bad.   Smiley

She's also got really good fundamentals down after a lot of time on that little Nexus and that big Hypnotist. Steady hands (some very solid stalls!) and good taste in kites (she liked my Midi).

Great to meet you and fly some kites Nancy!

See you again soon.

Allen, AKA kitehead
madhabitz

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2011, 06:49 PM »

Allen, I don't have the words to convey how terrific you were yesterday. It's very apparent that you haven't lost the memory of how it feels being the new guy-- you understood how tickled I was to be there and you understood how awkward a body feels to make mistakes in front of someone else. You are a kind and gentle guy with the soul of someone born to teach, someone with infinite patience. (anybody tear-jerking yet?) Okay, I'm waxing a tad poetic, but I swear it's all true!

I drew the long straw yesterday, that's for sure. I couldn't believe you really truly let me fly your kites. I did LOVE the Midi. A lot. I covet the Midi in fact. Both of your kites were exactly what I've had in my head-- what I've been wanting to feel, but didn't even know it. Solid. Precise. Incredibly elegant.

I would love to meet up out there again someday, but you have to promise to let me know if you'd really prefer to just fly your kites rather than spend your little bit of free time on my stuff.

Thanks again, Allen. Amazing restraint to not mention that I ran your kite right into the really solid fence (right after quietly asking me to miss the tree-- loads of diplomatic restraint there, too). Oh man, I about died, but I am glad the kite's okay. It's okay, right?

Thank you!!!

Nancy

madhabitz

« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2011, 06:57 PM »

Thursday huh, If I've got nothing to do, I'm planning to be there, but I'm usually gone by 3ish  Sad

Well, I'm sorry to say I missed you yesterday-- I wasn't able to get there until about 2:45pm, but the weird thing is, until just before I was ready to go, I *thought* I'd spent several hours with you (lol). There was a guy flying his kite and I called out "are you Don?" He said "yep," so I went over and shook his hand (lol) and we chatted for quite awhile. Then just before leaving, I heard someone say to him, "see you later, Cecil."  I turned to him and said, "you're Cecil, not Don?" lol....

Maybe another time, eh?

Nancy

DonCrash

« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2011, 08:52 PM »

Cecil impersonated me?   Huh    Cheesy

its alrite Nancy, there's plenty of times to meet up. I was there helping my lil' sister buggy. So me and her was there for quite a while

Allen Carter

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2011, 09:00 PM »

Cecil is one of those "call me anything you want, just don't call me late for dinner" kind of guys.  Smiley

He's also just about the most hard core kite guy I know. He's out there all the time!

Allen, AKA kitehead
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2011, 09:21 PM »

Cecil also happens to be a great guy. Smiley
Allen Carter

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2011, 09:39 PM »

That's what I was getting at.  Wink

Allen, AKA kitehead
madhabitz

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2011, 09:42 PM »

Cecil impersonated me?   Huh    Cheesy

its alrite Nancy, there's plenty of times to meet up. I was there helping my lil' sister buggy. So me and her was there for quite a while

Looking back, I don't think he actually heard me say your name-- probably thought "yep" had a 50% chance of being the right answer to whatever I asked (I was kind of far away). Hey, I bet I spent some of my time watching you yesterday and didn't even know it.

@Allen and JimB: Yup, Cecil is harcore for sure, but he was fun.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document