GWTW Forum
July 22, 2014, 06:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie from Northern CA (EastBay)  (Read 3705 times)
AKA_MrBill
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2011, 02:41 PM »

I'll be at CC park around 4:30p. Look for the big, bald guy flying a Exile like he doesn't really know what he's doin', cuz I don't Smiley
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2011, 12:13 AM »

WElcome to the addiction Nancy.  I'm glad my advice, as well as others here helped you out.  It's also nice to see more women getting into kiting.  There is also another woman from the prism forums (Hawaiigirl) that is relocating to the bay area that I have flown with.  The excitement of a new flier never gets old to me and you two of the best guys in Allen and Don out there to learn from.  Your welcome to join us at our fun fly in ripon as well, always the 2nd sunday of the month.

~ANthony
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2011, 12:45 PM »

I'll be at CC park around 4:30p. Look for the big, bald guy flying a Exile like he doesn't really know what he's doin', cuz I don't Smiley

Heh.... welcome to my world. I'm sorry I missed seeing you there. Did you get any pictures?

WElcome to the addiction Nancy.  I'm glad my advice, as well as others here helped you out.  It's also nice to see more women getting into kiting.  There is also another woman from the prism forums (Hawaiigirl) that is relocating to the bay area that I have flown with.  The excitement of a new flier never gets old to me and you two of the best guys in Allen and Don out there to learn from.  Your welcome to join us at our fun fly in ripon as well, always the 2nd sunday of the month.

Thanks Anthony! I've loved how the group is so into teaching the new ones-- that's as it should be, but don't always find. The weather should be cooling off by next month, so if I can swing the day off, I'll be in Ripon for sure.

Nancy  <----- off to work. again.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
AKA_MrBill

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2011, 02:48 PM »

Heh.... welcome to my world. I'm sorry I missed seeing you there. Did you get any pictures?

Sorry, I brought my camera out, but was pre-occupied with flying, Wink or something that looked like flying.

Were you flying by the cul-de-sac? It looked fairly crowded over there, so we ventured on to the fields to the north west. The air was really bumpy because of the tree line behind us, but what the heck. I live in Sacramento, I'm used to bumpy air. I could have used a vented kite though.

I was able to pull off a couple of good snap stalls despite the wind. The one thing that really jazzed me was pulling off a dead launch, that was my first time doing that and not having to do the walk of shame.  Grin

The funniest part of the day was watching my wife, who normally is a decent flyer for a nube, keep pounding my old Hypno, now my son's kite, into the ground because she accidentally had the straps on the wrong hands. (The replacement spine is being delivered today.)

Priceless moment of the day? The look on my sons face when I let him fly the Micron with the bridle set for medium wind. Talk about "saucer eyes"!  Huh

DonCrash
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2011, 06:43 PM »

Don't suppose any of you guys planning to stop by BASKL's event tomorrow?  Smiley

Vented L'organic; Vortex; DS (closeted); Quantum (modded to taz); Ocius STD, UL, UL (2pt P90), SUL; Pi (Home made kite)
AKA_MrBill

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2011, 07:51 PM »

Don't suppose any of you guys planning to stop by BASKL's event tomorrow?  Smiley

Nope, but I will be at CC park again in the afternoon.
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2011, 12:46 AM »

MrBill, I didn't mean to mislead you-- I wasn't able to get to Berkeley when you were there. I was just wishing that I could have and missed being able to meet up with you and yours. It sounds like all y'all had a great time.

Don, I got the day off, so I plan on going to the BASKL thing. You going?

For anyone interested in attending, you can read all about it at http://www.baskl.org/ (click on the SCHEDULE link on the left of the webpage).

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document