GWTW Forum
September 17, 2014, 04:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "New" kites from Flying Wings  (Read 1607 times)
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« on: April 29, 2009, 09:06 AM »

I spoke with Flying Wings yesterday to see if there was any change in the status of the new kites that Bell is developing.  Following up on a conversation that i had with them several months back when these kites first were mentioned on the forum and was told that there were no new kites coming.  The line up that they presented at the beginning of the year was what they would be offering.  Last night I received an email from Edward Chen at Flying Wings.  He wanted to clear up the misunderstanding on Bell's new kites.  Here are the facts (as of this moment):

The Prediction and Airwave are 100% Flying Wings kites and were designed by Bell Chiu and Albert Chen.
The kites were tested by the Flying Wings team in Taiwan as well as the top team in Japan before they would be released to the US and European markets.
These 2 kites will be made in Taiwan (Flying Wings Taiwan), not in China, in limited quantities.
Currently they are making the kites on a "custom order" basis only to limited customers in Asia.

The email went on to say that they are open to limited runs of the kites to the US and European markets.  They expect that we could see them here in 5 - 6 weeks.  I will be calling Edward this morning to discuss pricing and will report back.

Interesting marketing technique, huh?

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 11:14 AM »

So if the Airwave is a Flying Wings kite, does that mean they will be importing the Airwave Zero too?

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
farfennoogen
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 05:06 PM »

I've seen videos of the Airwave on youtube and looked everywhere for them ... Now i know why i cant even find a pricing or anything ...  Huh

Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 05:18 PM »

I've still not received pricing on these yet.  Seems Flying Wings is less than motivated to sell them.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2009, 03:20 PM »

I've still not received pricing on these yet.  Seems Flying Wings is less than motivated to sell them.

probably don't want some of our "constructive" comments on them.

Some of our posters really slashed some of their past products Embarrassed

"Do what you like"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document