GWTW Forum
April 16, 2014, 04:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A quick 'look what I got' video..  (Read 2177 times)
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: August 30, 2011, 06:28 PM »

Here's a quicky of my new kite, I've had it out for about 40 mins now, as to adapting inputs across from the Talon? I've never met a more agreeable wing  Cool

Hope you like Smiley

Wasted Bandwidth Undecided Presents: 

TAlon UL 2011

And now I got me a Vimeo one too...

Talon UL 2011
« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 01:29 AM by WinterDaze » Logged

WinterDaze AoF
DonCrash
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 06:41 PM »

soo sry, cant view it....UMG content  Cry
and here I was hoping to waste bandwidth

Vented L'organic; Vortex; DS (closeted); Quantum (modded to taz); Ocius STD, UL, UL (2pt P90), SUL; Pi (Home made kite)
WinterDaze

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 07:08 PM »

Only if you're in one of these countries:Afghanistan, Aland Islands, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo - Democratic Republic of, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Cote d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas), Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Holy See (Vatican City State), Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia - Federated States of, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, Sao Tome and Principe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, United States, United States Minor Outlying Islands, United States Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe

And the track... Axel F by Harold 'Faulty'mire  Cheesy Huh Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I've just pressed the equivalent to the "I feel Lucky" button, we'll see  Undecided

(Strangly, it works when I click it? curious..)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 07:10 PM by WinterDaze » Logged

WinterDaze AoF
Krijn
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 09:45 PM »

i switched to vimeo

uploading and converting takes a bit longer, but never any problems

and your video may be as long as you want

Krijn
bryan beasley

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 12:53 AM »

Nice work Shannon. 'Thumbs up'.

Sweetest amongst a sweet range that kite.

Bryan
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 02:08 AM »

nice smooth flying. by the looks of it, you're going to enjoy that kite. i know mine is the most fun kite in my bag.
i especially like the tagline at the end. it's where i live; tricks flowing, enjoying the show, then realizing i'm controlling the thing and immediately it falls from the sky.

thanks for the video, it's a delight.

Fˇdeli°
Danno419
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 08:01 AM »

nice vid.... i love my Talon UL as well.
Though i think i'll need a standard soon enough.  Cool

JoE Talon UL #4
JoE Talon STD #138
Zephyr
4D
Acrobatx
Snapshot 1.2 & 2.5
Hmmmm Talon vent or SUL next... decisions decisions.
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 12:55 PM »

Nice flyin' Shannon.....Have yet to get a decent wind with ours yet... Cry

Compared to the Fearlae I can tell this is a small input kite........hoping I can tone it down and make it sweet someday.

Wasted Bandwidth alrighty Smiley

NOT!

Embarrassed   ,

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 01:47 PM »

Looking fine!  I can finally watch it - I was 'shut out' from viewing it (licensing restrictions) for a day or so - but it works now.  Thks for the video.  Smiley

6 kite tom
WinterDaze

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2011, 06:08 PM »

Hi all,

This is my first UL weighted kite  Roll Eyes, I've got 3-4 SUL's and 3-4 standards that get regular air time, and I knew there was a 'gap' in my range of kites, but until I got the UL out onto the field I didn't know how much I was missing Huh

I'm loving how well the Talon UL loads up in the 5-7knot winds, tight as a drum yet with a step or 2 forward it releases it's grip and is ready to listen to my inputs.

With a 'standard' I'm right on the line drive wise at that speed, and I know backward stepping is going to be needed to complete some of the tricks and also to give the sail authority.

I'm looking forward to summer now  Grin

WinterDaze AoF
tpatter
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2011, 08:38 PM »

I completely agree.  ULs have long been my favorite - the perfect combination of kite drive and low enough wind to easily do all the tricks, but also effortlessly fly sharply.

I appreciate flying a powered-up kite that is easy to stall and if it makes some noise all the better!  Smiley.

6 kite tom
dihongshao2000
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2011, 08:47 PM »

I completely agree.  ULs have long been my favorite - the perfect combination of kite drive and low enough wind to easily do all the tricks, but also effortlessly fly sharply.

I appreciate flying a powered-up kite that is easy to stall and if it makes some noise all the better!  Smiley.

They are fragile though.  One has to be a good flyer who knows what he/she is doing.  One hard landing would result a $20 part cost with a week of waiting while it is been shipped…
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2011, 09:45 PM »

Nice flying Shannon.  Wish I could ht duplexes that clean, hell I want to hit any tricks that clean Tongue I hear the UL doesn't feel as empty on the lines as the STD (which feels like nothing in 15 mph to me).  Whats your take?
PAW
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2011, 05:33 AM »

Nice run  Smiley
WinterDaze

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2011, 04:52 PM »

Nice flying Shannon.  Wish I could ht duplexes that clean, hell I want to hit any tricks that clean Tongue I hear the UL doesn't feel as empty on the lines as the STD (which feels like nothing in 15 mph to me).  Whats your take?
Hi Anthony,

Cheers for the comments, 'clean' at the viewers end is to the pilot, 'something very familiar'...

The duplex is a simple combo, but both elements (flic flac and backspin) are tricks that have many degrees of competency, but to 'combo up' I've found I have to be at at least 80+% on both before it starts to look 'on purpose'  Embarrassed any less has too much 'thinking', and your smoothness looses out Roll Eyes

It's all about the basics, and constant correct repartition.

Kaizen- small but constant ongoing improvements, for ever...

On the "Empty on the lines" comment, not sure where you've read it, but as to feedback from the Talon STD, I find it has the most agreeable 'touch' of all the kites in my bag, I fly off finger straps and hate hard pulling kites, and the STD will still let me be the boss out to 15mph without hassle, but it also has a great 'wind window graduation' by that I mean that it steps down it drive with predicable degrees of force, and that's something that not all modern kites do. True it doesn't pull like a Quantum but that's a good think in my book.  Cool

@ PAW "Praise from the praiseworthy is praise indeed" cheers  Smiley

@dihongshao2000  Wink Order x3, no one likes to wait  Cool

WinterDaze AoF
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography