GWTW Forum
August 01, 2014, 03:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Opinions of KFX or Nirvana  (Read 728 times)
appleb
Trade Count: (0)

« on: September 08, 2011, 08:53 AM »

I currently own an inexpensive HQ Bebop, but I'm looking towards something more high end now.

Two that attract my attention are the R-Sky KFX and the Nirvana SE.

Trickwise, is the KFX just as capable as the Nirvana?  I am leaning towards the KFX mostly because I like the colour design better, lol.  It will probably take me a long time to master the KFX anyway.  But I don't want to buy the KFX to find out I should've just spent a bit more for the Nirvana instead.  But like I said, I much prefer the design pattern of the KFX and I will be happy with the KFX if the differences are minimal.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2011, 09:08 AM »

These are two very different kites. The Nirvana SE's wingspan is almost a foot wider than the KFX. Hard to compare.

Allen, AKA kitehead
Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2011, 10:32 AM »

Whatever you get will be massively different to your Bebop.  Take a very good look at the Flying Wings Soul, very trickable, very well made and hugely underrated, also probably a lot cheaper than a Nirvana. Wink

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2011, 11:11 AM »

I recently got a KFX - the LW version, it is very trick-capable, but probably not quite as easy as the NSE.  Check the vids section to see mine (nice looking kite).

Check out the NFX as well - a smaller (like KFX) Nirvana version.  I like smaller kites and these 2 are gems in that area (as is the Transformer TL).

-Tom

6 kite tom
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2011, 11:17 AM »

the nirvana would likely be a more patient teacher as everything will happen just a little bit slower, allowing you do see and react to what's going on with the kite, before tumbling toward the ground (sometimes). the nirvana would be a bit less manic than the kfx but in either case, they're both excellent kites.

Fdeli
jaybett
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2011, 11:57 AM »

I was faced with a similar situation, when I got some extra credit with a local kite shop. The two kites I was interested in where the KFX and the Nirvana SE.

I'd had the opportunity to fly a Nirvana Extend. Fun kite, nice precision, but easy to trick. I figured that the KFX would be similar, a free style kite with precision.

The Nirvana is comp kite, which to me means, good precision and speed control, tricks are not going to flow like a free style kite.

A lot has been written about the Nirvana, both positive and negative. I wanted to find out for myself, what the Nirvana was about.

I've been surprised how balanced the Nirvana tricks. The nose goes deep enough to make Jacob ladders easy, but not so deep that its hard to get out of a turtle. Flat spins are fairly flat for a modern kite.

The first time I popped the nose forward, it bounced off the lines. I've got pitch friendly kites that don't come nose forward that easily.  

The Nirvana is the most well rounded kite, that I've flown to date. Other kites may be stronger then the Nirvana in tricks, but they are usually weaker in other areas.

Jay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document