GWTW Forum
November 28, 2014, 11:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: STEVE! and GWTW GANG.... SUPER THANKS!  (Read 801 times)
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« on: October 21, 2011, 11:56 AM »

Just a quick note of SUPA'DUPA' THANKS!!!
 TALK ABOUT AWESOME SERVICE!Just got a phone call and then  your E mail informing  me that my beautiful new kite should be arriving on my door step today!
(Door bell just rang.... UNBEEELIEEEVABLE!!! It was "Sven...with my brand new Kite!)
How is that for great service...KITE KOOKS? Wink
Looking forward to some quality time with my new kite at Cannon Beach next week...although the weather fore cast doesn't look all that well...

THANK GOD AND PRISM...that that beautiful  " PolyCitrusSail" should hold up with all that rainy daze days weather forecast.

Hopefully these seagulls will share a little beach and wind window with me  Grin

[attachment deleted by admin to converve server storage space]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 09:00 PM by Sketch » Logged
Sketch

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2011, 08:54 PM »

Spent a couple of beautiful days at Cannon Beach Ore....Monday and Tuesday. Got some really good air time in with my new  $125.00 Prism Zephyr.

Tues..was perhaps the most interesting wind conditions. We drove south to Manzanita where you can always count on some of the most variable wind conditions anywhere on the NW Oregon Wa. coast line.

Flew a couple hours in winds that changed not only directions but also wind speeds...that were from virtual dead calm to wind gusts that registered 35mph. on my Radio Shack wind meter.
Started out on Monday without the weights and winds that were steady  4 to 7 mph out of the northwest virtually all day.
This Zephyr tracts arrow straight...turns quickly and precise wing tip turns...extremely predictable...but kinda boring until I attached the spine weight...and after re adjusting  the bridle, this Zephyr...truly became a HOOT N' A HALLRRRRRR' FUN FUN TRICK N TREAT MACHINE!..
BEAUTIFUL EYE APPEAL WITH THAT HOT LIME CITRUS AGAINST THAT DARK BLUE AUTUMN SKY AND WATER!

Just like so many of the reports on this kite...YES! This is truly not a UL...but neither is my other Silver Fox 2.5 UL. As the wind died in the eve....I had to retreat to my beautiful little HQ Shadow and Breeze kite.
Bottom Line:
THIS PRISM ZEPHYR is truly a kite not to leave home without.
(Only item that after removing it from the bagwas a concern at first was that one wing tip knock' was broken, plus the main lower spreader inner rod ferrell which has the insert "thingee" which passes through the T fitting...hadn't been glued into the main spreader. (After fishing it out of the main lower spreader...and a "re-glue" fix. It was ready to go.
Also noted was that both bridles were not properly attached to the top leading edge fittings...that didn't contain bridle stops?.
I carefully added a couple of quicky bridle stops before first flights.
NO BIG DEAL..STILL AN AWESOMELY BEAUTIFUL AND WELL MADE  $125.00  SPORT KITE..
HOWEVER??? Undecided Roll Eyes
AGAIN...  WHAT A BLESSING
A BIG TIME THANKS TO STEVE, THE PRISM GANG AND SVEN' MY TRUSTY UPS DELIVERY DRIVER...MAKING IT POSSIBLE FOR SUCH A QUICK AND RELIABLE DELIVERY...AND MY TRIP TO CANNON BEACH POSSIBLE.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 12:27 PM by Sketch » Logged
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 12:04 AM »

(In the good ol' home made Prism daze-days...I can safely mention  that the Prism gang would never let a kite leave without checking small little items like this?)

No offense, but I would just point out that if your Zeph was made in Seattle at todays' prices you would have paid five times as much for it and it wouldn't have had any QA issues..........sooooooooooo., all in all it worked out. Wink

Jim

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Sketch

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 08:08 AM »

True... Kiss
Shouldn't look a virtual "GIFT HORSE IN THE CHOPS", HUH? Roll Eyes
By the way...Kantaxel? This new Zeph'  performs fantastical' "AXEL'S"  Tongue Kiss

Another sunset fuzzy photo...from last Monday night! Shadowtime with the HQ Shadow.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 01:43 PM by Sketch » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum