GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 06:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocius (a bit of quick fun)  (Read 2020 times)
DonCrash
Trade Count: (0)

« on: September 13, 2011, 11:49 PM »

Just having fun.
Video isnt the sharpest  Embarrassed
Ipod Nano was my camera, resting on the kite bag. I even kicked some dirt over it during a wap and got distracted...haha  Cheesy

Skyburner Ocius
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:52 PM by DonCrash » Logged

Vented L'organic; Vortex; DS (closeted); Quantum (modded to taz); Ocius STD, UL, UL (2pt P90), SUL; Pi (Home made kite)
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2011, 12:04 AM »

hey man if you're going to fly that well i'm pretty sure it's the law you need a better video camera. nice flying, i look forward to seeing some more, crisper footage. maybe for virtual freestyle? hmm, hmm? yeah, i said it.

Tongue Grin Cool

Fdeli
PAW
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 05:52 AM »

Stick on the Mutex...you will love it  Cool
...thanks for sharing  Smiley
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 08:57 AM »

Nice kite Don.
Thanks for sharing.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
DonCrash

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2011, 11:41 AM »

Thanx,

And yes Fidelio, definitely a new camera, maybe I should hold off on the next kite for a camera...hmm... Undecided
If I find myself a camera-man (or woman), and hope winds are nice, I'll do a VF entry.  Cool

PAW, still working on that mutex; my left hand (right side approach) is almost non-existent Sad I'll get it clean looking one day  Cool

Vented L'organic; Vortex; DS (closeted); Quantum (modded to taz); Ocius STD, UL, UL (2pt P90), SUL; Pi (Home made kite)
DonCrash

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2011, 10:25 PM »

Thanx Denny; here's a close-up:

Jimmer
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 05:59 AM »

Sweet looking Ocius, and great flying.   The Ocius and the Solus are going to be my next two kites.  Just don't know which one first! Roll Eyes
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 06:40 AM »

Some nice flying, DC !

I have been really impressed with my Widow Maker, and thinking about the Ocius, especially the SUL. I wonder if all the Sky Burner kites have the same neutral forgiving characteristics... Because it is a smaller kite, does it move really fast, or is that just the windspeed in the video ? Slower is certainly better for me, I need all the time I can get to think about what I'm doing ! Like the previous post, I am considering the Solus and the Ocius.

~Rob.

adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 08:03 AM »

If you want slower, go for either the Solus UL/Std, or the Ocius UL. The standard "CAN" move pretty quick, the SUL is very slow with some differing inputs, and the UL is a slower speed with the inputs of the standard (about 90% the same) with a slower trick pace. All 3 kites can handle a wicked amount of wind in the Upper Range. I've flown my standard to 25, my UL to about 17, and my SUL in 11.

Some food for thought  Smiley

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 10:51 AM »

Rob,

e mail me I'd be glad to send my Sul to NY for an education with you... shipping can't be that much... you want it you got it ... I'll check on one of those shipping boxes and it fly's to Long Island for a good spanking .. when your don send her home... e mail me... Joe Smiley

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
KaoS
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2011, 06:30 PM »

For a second there, I thought someone was flying my kite  Cheesy

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
DonCrash

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2011, 07:46 PM »

Yellow main paneled Ocius? Cool

Without looking up close, my gold Ocius would look just like your yellow...haha  Grin

@Rob, if you notice @0:32 the kite was moving at a nice pace across. Then at 3:19, the kite blazed in quick. Despite how much of a challenge it is to fly a kite that moves so much faster, getting use to it can have some benefits; you gotta learn to keep on your toes and react faster, recognize positions of the kite to go from one trick to the next. Be able to tug and slack the instance you see that specific spot.

Then I went to a slower moving and slower tricking kite, and I screwed myself over  Embarrassed  Huh  Cry
Eventually I got myself to get the hang of it again, and was able to go back n forth no problem.

JayDee

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2011, 11:14 PM »

Nice kite and some very nice flying!  Where do you usually fly?  I moved to Marin County earlier this year and have yet to come across somebody who can do more than a circle followed by a pile driver  Cheesy

I have a reasonably good camcorder by now, and _much_ better editing software.  How about a common video project?  Your Ocius and my Talons would sure look good together.  PM me if interested.  Grin

JayDee

Spread Your Talon Wings

Talon Vtd

Frequent Fliers: Talon Std, UL and Vtd, Widow Maker Std and UL, Solus Std, Widow (modded), ATM SUL, Duende Std
Rarely flown: Exile UL, Zephyr, E2, Ozone, Micron, Quantum
emegaz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2011, 11:33 AM »

Nice flying Don, way to show that ocious whos boss

Yeah what fidelio said. But somethings better then nothing I guess.
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2011, 02:47 PM »

Gosh Don, you're really good at this stuff! I can't wait to finally meet you-- it's bound to happen one of these days, eh?

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography