GWTW Forum
October 02, 2014, 09:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocius Sul -- Thanks to RobB,Norm,Obi,JohnW,Ca ike,Shane,Devin,RandyG, New Tricks  (Read 872 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: September 20, 2011, 06:37 PM »

Wow !! Big Intro ... Did the Beach today 2-4mph wind.  Took out the Ocius Sul and decided it was a new day..  Had to learn something new with her. Kiss  540's rt. side... Cool  But along the way some surprising moves.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ... It starts out a bit lame but I could not have done this without the help of everyone on this site.  Mikeinchico,kitgirl,Shane,Tpatter,ashburyparkjon,Danno419 if I missed you I apologize in advance... Gamelord,Dano,Fidelo,kantaxel....

I get better as video continues, but I do some really neat stuff been learning on the side... Notice: Flag is Not moving.... Vertigo Out !!!!   Cool ...  "Little Creep-O Films Inc. " rated PG

Vimeo
Untitled

You Tube ...
Sul wind 2 mph.wmv
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:51 PM by vertigo2u » Logged

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 11:48 PM »

hey there's some really nice ones in there. you've shown me i need to stop being lazy on that trick. i'd forgotten how nice they look when you take the time to let the kite flatten out and care what it looks like instead of just hitting the rotation and moving on.

your progress over a single summer is tremendous. while i haven't really offered you any instruction, i do this instead -> keep it up, i selfishly enjoy watching your vids and success.

Fdeli
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 08:30 AM »

great progress Joe. Smiley I enjoyed. I'll call you sometime today. Have a good one!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
John Welden
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:13 AM »

You look like a different flyer. You're clearly in control now... Great job.

Try exiting the 540 with a clean and crisp vertical or horizontal line.  Shows more control and looks sweet.  Commit to your line and accelerate out of the trick. A lot of the ballet flyers are good at that sort of thing.  A low altitude 540 into a clean, wobble free ground pass is a great move.  Tongue I'd way rather see a relatively simple trick like that done well than some floppy floppy technical trick.
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 11:36 AM »

Just got back from the Beach... Gonna post New Video later ... Accomplished two things in two days..540's rt side and " FADE"S " ..yep I got it... Finally I feel it... No way a 30 second fade !!!  Today is Wednesday have to leave for Pymouth to fly again ... how about two 30 second fade's with ground take off Huh Not Vertigo ... Huh

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 11:52 AM »

Nice Joe, you didn't show much of yourself in this video but during the few shots you were in you appeared much more relaxed and confident. Keep it up. I wouldn't get obsessed with throwing a dozen new tricks into the fray right now. Not to say don't try them (you never know when a trick just magically appears) but spend time in between enjoying what you can do now and cleaning them up. JW hit's the nail right on the head here, entries and exits make or break a routine. I know you're concentrating on just getting the trick done right now, but that's why I say don't try to get ahead of yourself too quickly, bad habits can be as hard to break as first breaking into a trick.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 04:11 PM »

Lookin good Joe. Not only are you getting some tricks down but you look like your having more fun with it. Great job.  YOu might find that your best flying will come when your just out having fun and not trying so hard.  THats usually when a trick will come together for me.
John Welden

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 07:14 PM »

Wanted to say again, great job.  Cool

You're really showing some control. It took me years to get as good as you are already. The internet is so huge in helping people to learn this stuff. 

How insanely great is the internet? A guy like you can post videos and experienced flyers will try to help you. For free. There is so much free information on here. If you're into building stuff like I am, there is miles and miles of information on how to make just about anything. I frequent a machinist forum and have learned a ton from being there. I can access it all from my phone? What?  Huh Just look up a kite video while you're out on the field... no problem.  Huh I can buy the most insane products and they show up on my door step? I needed some .010" carbon rod, just ordered it, not a problem....

JW
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document