GWTW Forum
October 20, 2014, 09:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleeping in Seattle!  (Read 1553 times)
lummas
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: September 22, 2011, 04:01 PM »

Am in Seattle today. Any kiters in the area who want to meet for dinner or a beer tonight?
lummas

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 05:34 PM »

Huh, guess I am alone in this city.  No other kiters around.  Wow, what a lonely place.  LOL
madhabitz

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 06:17 PM »

Heh.... they're probably out kiting.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
lummas

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 08:30 PM »

Let's hope so huh! Can't imagine a big city like this with no flyers!
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 10:41 PM »

I was out kiting!  Smiley

My son and I were at kite hill for the last hour of light - sweet SUL winds.  He flew the Transformer SUL and I flew my Fearless Tattoo and a bit of a prototype kite as well.  Sweet sweet wind from the south, maybe 2-5, very nice.

I missed your post, but had to run to a meeting later anyhow, but welcome to Seattle!

6 kite tom
Sketch
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 09:03 AM »

I was out kiting!  Smiley

My son and I were at kite hill for the last hour of light - sweet SUL winds.  He flew the Transformer SUL and I flew my Fearless Tattoo and a bit of a prototype kite as well.  Sweet sweet wind from the south, maybe 2-5, very nice.

I missed your post, but had to run to a meeting later anyhow, but welcome to Seattle!

Get on the phone and call Mark Reed at Prism Grin n' tell him Shultzie sentjaaaa'  Kiss Grin
Oh...yeh! Also tell him to "GO FLY A KITE!"  Cheesy
by the way!
Welcome to Seattle!!!

[attachment deleted by admin to converve server storage space]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2011, 09:07 AM by Sketch » Logged
Gamelord
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 03:14 PM »

Have to agree with Sketch, in Seattle, there is nothing better to do but swing by the Prism factory!  I am positive someone there would love to go kiting with ya.  Wish I was there, I'd go!

boomzilla
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 08:50 PM »

did not see posting, went to local field after work for flight until after dark...let us know sooner...glenn

Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2011, 10:56 PM »

I caught this late as well. It was my wifes b day so wasn't able to fly but we woulda gona and had a drink had I seen it earlier... Seattleites are lazy gotta let us now a bit more in advance. :-) :-D
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:02 AM by Shane » Logged

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
lummas

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2011, 05:18 PM »

Yeah my apologies for the late notice.  I was supposed to have a client meeting that evening and they called off at the last minute.  Hence I was free.  Thx for the feedback to all.

Mark
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change