GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 08:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sea Devil Std.  (Read 1838 times)
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 09:08 PM »

Yes. A rising turtle.

Is ""riser"" a rising a kite in the turtle position???
thanks
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 01:42 AM »

thanks a lot friends.
I will stick to SD.
I think I will progress more in process of kite-trick learning  with not mixing with other kites .

all best....
here is my sweety with SD
 Wink

[attachment deleted by admin to converve server storage space]
« Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 02:31 AM by vigli » Logged
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 11:06 PM »

thanks a lot friends.
I will stick to SD.
I think I will progress more in process of kite-trick learning  with not mixing with other kites .

all best....
here is my sweety with SD
 Wink

I actually think that trying different kites helped me learn new tricks. Certain tricks are just easier to "get" on different kites and then you can go back and hit them on the previous kite. It's like a miracle, well maybe not a miracle Wink but it worked for me.

I'll still swap to a different kite and it still seems to help when I'm stuck on something. That being said, I switch less kites than I used to but I still keep something different in the bag in case I need to shake things up. I also just like a change from time to time.

If you like the SD and ever feel like a bit of a change, get a Fearless or Transformer. They are both excellent kites and share that Lam magic with the SD. (only better)

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
vigli
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 12:30 AM »

I understand You what You wont to say.
Some kites are better for some tricks then is good to change.
Pitty here were are live wind is not constant like the places next to sea.
So when I go out to fly, that little time I like to use on the kite which I enjoy more and kite which I can control good and to go home with smile .I I pick kite which work for me the best to spend best time.
There is a lot of kite on market which are look so good, on You tube they fly so good.
I can take it but ....let say.....if it can't hold fade so long as SD kite then is not good for me... and I think newer kite are very pichy long standoffs and stabile fade could be a problem- designers work to get roll up kite not a fade kite. Every kite has ability more for some tricks more or less. Very easy I could be dissapoint...

SD cover a lot of thing and that way I fly it.
I like fade so much.....but long fade.... This year I spend a lot of time on the fade. 5minute in fade for SD is not a problem in good wind. It sleep in that position  . It looks as magic
I'm sure number of kites are great. It would be good just to try one kite some kite festival just for a few minutes and I will know is it good for me.
But no festival here...and only I fly stunt kite in my country.
Let say K2 kite, look  very nice, it is expensive as all good kite  but it could be very frustrating to buy new kite and not to fit with it. Let start from bridle it is different then SD and trickabilty will be different I'm sure.....Invictus is very nice, Cosmic, DS, Seven..... no end of list..., lovely....BUT ....... We are talking about finnese and maybe big difference...
It is best to try before pick new kite if You can offcourse.. I never try before buying because didn't had a chance,but I was lucky when I  order SD. Smiley
With the other hand I fly other kite too. I like my ELixir very much-old school but very nice, I have Fearless SUL,E2, UFO SUL,Alien,Trick Tail.Gem  and some other kites.
Let say Gem-very nice kite- but very fast trick for me!!! I have to learn extra  good SD to be good on Gem-just my thinking. It is hard for me with Gem.
So I'm not only  on SD. But things which I learn on SD I can  pass to other my kites. With the other words SD is my teacher.
SD teach me very nice cascade which I use for UFO sul.
all best
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:42 PM by vigli » Logged
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, 02:24 PM »

You have a good selection of kites. Enough to go a long way before you would out grow them (if ever) and they are different styles which is what I was referring to in the above post.

The Gem is not the best in shifty inland winds so switch to it when the wind is smoother and you'll be much happier with it. Fun kite, backspins like crazy. I love the Fearless SUL too but only in real light wind where it's lack of mass isn't a problem, so say 1 to 4-5mph or so. It will handle OK in inlands winds, better than many others. Some have struggled a little getting used to it but I never did. From the moment I first flew it I tricked it like I'd flown it for months, I wanted one. It Fades OK but not locked on like the SD. But it will trick sweet in light wind so use it in those conditions and it'll serve you well.

Peace

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document