GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 08:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lookee what I'm getting....  (Read 2283 times)
Brosenberger
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2011, 10:19 AM »

I'd love to see a pic of your finished product. Very neat color scheme
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2011, 01:01 PM »

I don't like to say I told you so,  but ...

lol... true that.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
madhabitz

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2011, 01:11 PM »

Mike'nSac: Impressive for sure. I *cannot* wait for regular winds!

Mike'nChico: Ken is definitely conservative about that-- probably a good thing in the grand scheme of things.

Brosenberger:  Thanks! I'll try to get some shots of the kite in the not-too-distant future. When I first unpacked the kite I second-guessed myself a bit, but now I am loving it. As expected, it looks a little different in 3-D, but it's great in the air!

Oh man, this board is not good for me-- got to head for work and I'd rather be here.

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Allen Carter
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2011, 01:12 PM »

Yeah, I wouldn't think I was only only one who recommended a Mamba   Smiley

Looking forward to some Mamba flying on Sunday!

Allen, AKA kitehead
madhabitz

« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2011, 02:24 AM »

Yeah, I wouldn't think I was only only one who recommended a Mamba   Smiley 

No worries Allen, it's still only your fault. ;-)

I happened to call Steve to talk about some kite line I want, which happened to be just a few minutes before the Mamba was delivered. I left a message for him and he returned my call just after it arrived (like three minutes after). I think I was still hugging the box at that point, so when he called, we got a little side-tracked with the "you're gonna love it" stuff. It was a thoroughly enjoyable conversation and I can't wait to meet him and Chris in person one day soon.

Nancy

Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2011, 07:34 PM »

Steve N Chris as well as the rest of the group in Chico are great people.  YOur only regret if you make it to chico will be the winds or lack there of depending on the weather but it's worth it just for the conversation.  Smiley
madhabitz

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2011, 11:53 PM »

Yup, I know what you mean about the lack of winds-- I've actually lived in Chico before, many many years ago (Madison Bear Garden, booyah!!). I expect you're exactly right about the group up there and I can't wait until I can actually make the trip. Hopefully sooner rather than later!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography