GWTW Forum
October 30, 2014, 06:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: You've got to be kidding me....  (Read 2661 times)
Brosenberger
Trade Count: (0)

« on: September 29, 2011, 11:29 AM »

So I had a day of flying planned today.  Wife at work, daughter at daycare and I was free to do what I wanted.  Then it rains for 3 days and 74% for today.  It has rained all morning and I gave up all hope.  I end up playing video games most of the morning and as I get up to look outside it's CLEAR!  The rain has stopped and I see blue sky.  Not only that but the leaves are blowing, probably about 5-7mph with a gust here and there.  It's perfect, I'm going to the park!....wait....where's my kite line....my kite is in the trunk of my car but my line?  uh oh....it's in my wife's car, pretty sure it fell out when i grabbed my kite.  I finally catch a break and have my perfect opportunity ripped away from me.  Looks like I'll try to get out when she gets home.

I am starting to think this hobby hates me, lol.

Brad
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 11:48 AM »

I am starting to think this hobby hates me, lol.

The hobby doesn't control the weather, or where you leave your line sets.  Wink

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Doc Z

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 12:16 PM »

Which video game?  Smiley

I seem to find line sets I forgot about all over the place.  Recently found a set of Modulus in the bag I bring to school - haven't even opened it since May.  I think there's a couple in my camera bag as well. 
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 12:24 PM »

My dealie is to wait until the last possible moment to pack everything up. That means I'm usually doing it in the dark. Half the time I forget to check to make sure all kite sticks are in their respective bags. Oh man, I've only lost one stick so far, but I can't tell you how many times I've had to trudge from the car all the way to where I'd been set up.

Fun stuff!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 12:43 PM »

I have lost every kite stake that i ever bought because I forget about them after I fly and leave them at the field... Oh well... guess I better buy another one... Grin

Shane

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 01:36 PM »

Put away my single line kites to fly dualies two months ago. Commited to learning trick flying with a great group of flyers here in Las Vegas.  Smiley 
Even bought three Blue Moon kites and a HQ Infinity, new bag and line sets. Yahoo!! I ready to go.  Grin

Well where do I order the wind? Cool weather?  Huh
First two weeks had 110 degrees days. Then weeks of 100+ degrees days, now two weeks or 95+ degree days and still very light to no wind.  Sad

Dam!  Embarrassed  It has been eight weeks of baking in the heat without a breeze, trying to improve my zero to light wind skills.   

So what do I have to show for my eight week comment........ a modest improvement in my light wind flying, but my tan looks great.  Cheesy
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 04:37 PM »

I haven't had much of a chance to fly this summer either. It's either been too hot or too rainy. It's been at least 3 weeks and I'm going into withdrawal. I'm hoping to take some time Monday afternoon. In the meantime, I've been practicing my binds with my new Caribou Lodge (CLYW) Avalanche yoyo. It spins and spins and spins and looks great too.

Bob D.
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 05:07 PM »

I have lost every kite stake that i ever bought because I forget about them after I fly and leave them at the field... Oh well... guess I better buy another one... Grin

Shane

Haha - me too.   I finally bought a hot pink one, which sort of stands out a bit more.  I only use them for revs and leveling lines, but have lost many for sure.

6 kite tom
donaldrke

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 05:15 PM »

I feel your pain, Had tomorrow (friday) off work after over a month of 60 hour weeks, very little kite time. and a couple of new kites that need some airtime and and boss calls and tell me I need to work tomorrow, and a 10 mph day! Bummer

Donald
Got Wind? Kite Club

Member of Got Wind?
Donald
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 05:25 PM »

Lost kite stakes? Dollar store, screwdrivers, two for a buck and when you forget them and somebody finds them you've made a contribution to their toolbox rather then a wtf can i use this for?
 Cheesy

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Brosenberger

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 05:52 PM »

Lol, and this is why I love reading these forums.  Everyone has stories that I'm sure I will experience at some point.  And for the what vid game question....Rift.   I've been playing for a few months now but will move on to Star Wars in December
Wayner
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 06:34 PM »

Kite stakes?

Like Mikenchico I switched to screwdrivers.
Funny I never lost a cheap screwdriver but pricey kite stakes... that is another story  Huh 
Smeagol
Trade Count: (+82)

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 07:00 PM »

I've almost forgotten a few in my days, once I even drove back to the park @ like 10PM to retrieve one and it was still there stuck in the field.

I bet the riding mowers love those left behind stakes/screwdrivers.. heh.  Huh
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 10:49 PM »

Get a bag and keep the kites and line together. Grin

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2011, 01:51 AM »

Walmart -- 10" steel tent stakes, four for $4.50 (USD)

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change