GWTW Forum
September 02, 2014, 12:13 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The BMK 61/49  (Read 4590 times)
Burke
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2009, 08:00 AM »

Hey Guys, I need some help with my 61/49.  Something is not right with it. Cry  It is constantly wanting to turn to the right.  I cannot make it turn left and it is almost impossible to have it track straight.  Any clues?

Good Winds and God's Blessings,
Burke
melnsct
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2009, 08:10 AM »

I had a Republican Skate and Paul fixed it for me.  I'm not sure what he did, though.

Melanie in Tennessee
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2009, 03:06 PM »

Hey Guys, I need some help with my 61/49.  Something is not right with it. Cry  It is constantly wanting to turn to the right.  I cannot make it turn left and it is almost impossible to have it track straight.  Any clues?

got pix? bridle placements? did you get a hold of Ken yet?

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
GEB

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2009, 06:01 PM »

Was surprised   Huh  at the rustling sound in the microphone of the camera, I'd guess around 2-5mph gusts only.

>Here smaller movie [3.8MB] without wind noise.

'Tis my first attempt at moving pictures...  Embarrassed

Thanks for the reply on the wind speed. I have been waiting for the opportunity to fly a 61/49 but there isn't anybody around me that has one. Yes I know --- I should be the first. I have seen a few videos of it flying but never could tell if there was any wind involved until I heard your video. Thanks for both versions. You fly it well.
moegeo

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2009, 08:43 AM »

The fitting from the spine that tensions the keel can be rotated slightly to correct the problem. Mine had a liberal bias.
Hope this helps, Geo.

Say Good Night Dick
Burke

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2009, 09:52 AM »

I have not hit Ken up about it yet, but I likely will.  It used to fly nicely, but it has been awhile since I have had time to fly it.  I am sure it is something I have gotten out of proper adjustment.  I was just wondering if I was the only one out here who has screwed things up.

Burke
kmac
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2009, 10:32 AM »

...I am sure it is something I have gotten out of proper adjustment.

Hi Burke.   A few obvious things come to mind to check out -

1 - Is the Prussik knot that connects the rear sails to the keel still symmetrical?
2 - Are any of the connections twisted at the tips?
3 - Is that keel fitting twisted at the tail?
4 - Any obvious damage or stretching?
5 - Are you putting it together differently (spreaders)?  Try swapping them side-to-side, sometimes the tapered tubes will flex differently.
6 - Let me know if I can be of any help!

I have been waiting for the opportunity to fly a 61/49 but there isn't anybody around me that has one.

Gary, we have enough history that I'd be happy to send you mine to try out if you'd like.

Nice video Jürgen, thanks for posting it!

Ken@BMK
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 10:44 AM by kmac » Logged
GEB

« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2009, 01:30 PM »

Ken, once again your generous nature precedes you.
Burke

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2009, 04:30 AM »

Thanks for the tips Ken (and everyone else).  As soon as this weather breaks, I'll try them out.  I am sure I have adjusted something out of tolerance.  I need to put some more air time on this thing anyway (and my other kites for that matter).

Burke
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2009, 04:33 AM »

I had trouble after getting it in October, setting it up and then putting it away until spring and forgetting how it should look when it's properly set up. The main thing is not to have twists where there shouldn't be any.

Ken's very willing to help get it set up right. He's a great guy!

Bob D.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document