GWTW Forum
September 21, 2014, 07:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ripon Fun Fly -- Photos from October 9  (Read 994 times)
CyberWind
Trade Count: (0)

« on: October 10, 2011, 09:58 PM »

Was great meeting you all.  Kitehead helped me cull these down from 92 to 18!  It was a fun day, great location and a super-nice group out flying.  Thanks everyone for making me feel so welcome.  My first official post, hope I do this right.  Here's the link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/102480320747618513973/RiponFunFly100911?authkey=Gv1sRgCNLS8N3Hh52LUg

May you always have just the amount of wind you need,

CyberWind
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:57 PM by Allen Carter » Logged
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 10:58 PM »

Welcome to the Forum, my dear.   Smiley

Good shootin'!

Allen, AKA kitehead
King-J

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 08:56 PM »

Hi Penny, Welcome to the finest kite forum on the net, Those are some phenomenal Photos, Thank you for sharing them, It was great to see you and Allen at the Ripon monthly fly, Hope to see ya next month both at the Chico Fly and at the Ripon Fly.

John

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 10:51 AM »

Oh, cool! I hadn't realized you'd posted photos in this section-- it was fun to see the pitchas!!

I had such a good time chatting with you-- hope to again soon.

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
THE ONE

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 12:19 PM »

Great pictures, just only a question, why the Mamba didn't fly?

madhabitz, i still did not meet up with Devin, but I hope we will figure out something soon. His and as well as mine schedules are very busy and it is hard to find time that we both can agree on. Once it happens, I will post some pics and maybe vids from that day.

Paul
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 02:43 PM »

The Mamba did fly-- a few lousy passes with me trying to do the no-wind stuff and failing. This was before Ms. Picture-Taker arrived. After she left, Anthony flew it and flew it well. I was so excited!

Too bad about you and Devin, but I hope you are able to get together at some point. From a couple of his posts, I know he's pretty buried with school and other stuff right now.

Looking forward to vids/pics.

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 03:08 PM »

Nice shots.  Was a great no wind day.
moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2011, 09:14 PM »

It Was great  flying with you all. See you all next month.
Geo.

Say Good Night Dick
CyberWind

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 05:56 AM »

Welcome to the Forum, my dear.   Smiley

Good shootin'!

Took me forever, but glad to be here!
CyberWind

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 06:05 AM »

Oh, cool! I hadn't realized you'd posted photos in this section-- it was fun to see the pitchas!!

I had such a good time chatting with you-- hope to again soon.

Nancy

Nancy it was great meeting you and talking with you too. Hope you enjoyed your week.  Sorry I missed seeing your mamba fly.  Cry Hope to see you soon, and to see that beautiful new kite backlit by the sun and soaring.  Roll Eyes (I know this is the rolling eyes emoticon, but doesn't it look like someone watching a kite go up?)  Cheers,  Penny
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document