GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 08:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R-Sky Toxic c-clip location on the LLE  (Read 991 times)
steve.hobart
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: October 13, 2011, 01:04 PM »

Hi all,

the c- clips on my LLE's on the Toxic have slipped.

Just wondering if someone can tell me their exact location so that I can glue them in the correct place.

cheers
steve
steve.hobart

« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 03:28 AM »

Fixed.

No one flying a Toxic then?
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 03:50 PM »

Not yet...you haven't sent it over here   Grin

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
tpatter

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 06:04 PM »

Steve,

What are your impressions?

-Tom

6 kite tom
steve.hobart

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 12:23 PM »

Not yet...you haven't sent it over here   Grin
I'll send it over to you for a while once the initial"wow this new kite is great" factor wears off :-)

Tom,

I've had a bit of a journey with this kite, but now I have it setup correctly and have adjusted my flying style I love it and I have really keyed into it.
The first few flights I struggled with it. Eventually I found that that the bridle measurements were not even across the kite and the c clip positioning was not consistent either - once I fixed that the kite flew much better (not surprisingly!!). I also had to adjust my flying style from the big movements I have to use on my NSE set (my stock go to kites these days). The Toxic requires much smaller movements than the NSE, more like the  Talon,  say.
In fact the Toxic  is very different to the NSE (which is a predictable and very neutral kite with little ideosynchrasies).
The Toxic has very short standoffs (i.e: shallow sail) which changes its behaviour somewhat. I find it to be very easy to trick and put together combinations. All tricks are there very easily - it particularly excels at wrap type tricks (wraps with far more ease than the NSE). In particular Crazy Coptors, yo fades and mutli wrap tricks. It takes a little more careful touch  to half axel into a fade than an NSE (i.e: is a little less forgiving), but still does it easily. Comete's backspins, JL's etc easy. It's a little less neutral and predictable near the edge of the window (unlike the NSE which is well behaved right across the window) - the Toxic seems to like a full powered sail.
Wind range is excellent from quite low (say 3 mph ) to high (I've flown it to about 18mph) - but it is trickable in that range - unlike the NSE which is a struggle to trick for me above 12 mph - as I can't run fast enough to provide enough slack) - and I usually then go to the NSE HW.

All in all very impressive and fun - especially if you want something different in your bag. Not a kite that I would reccomend to someone without a good deal of flying experience though, due to it's slightly less forgiving nature and being not as neutral as say the NSE.
tpatter

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 12:28 PM »

Thanks for the information! Very informative especially comparing it to one of their other kites.

6 kite tom
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum