GWTW Forum
July 31, 2014, 12:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Another Solus thread  (Read 2137 times)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« on: October 19, 2011, 08:18 PM »

Just got my new additions today and man do they look good.

Solus set by Ca Ike, on Flickr

solus set by Ca Ike, on Flickr

Solus custom UL by Ca Ike, on Flickr

Solus custom Std by Ca Ike, on Flickr

Didn't get much flying on them but from the little flying I did get in I can see this kite pretty much demands to be flown.  Not just tricked but flown.  FIgures, slides all maner of tumbles and turns from the old school flare turns and spin stalls to the newer flippy stuff is there.  I Got one of the slowest, flattest double 540's I have ever done on the UL.  ROtational tricks are turntable flat and rolls up lightning fast with really small inputs.  Definitely doesn't feel like a 100 inch kite.
moegeo
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 09:00 PM »

Nice Antone. I wanna play.
Geo.

Say Good Night Dick
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 09:24 PM »

I'm so happy they finally got there! I really hope you enjoy them, they look fantastic. I was doing some colors kind of in the same scheme from the colorizer that you sent me for my second set/team set. Hope you enjoy! Keep us posted.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+15)

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 10:51 PM »

Drool!

That was my impression too, it really doesn't feel like a big kite. I was on a crowded field on short lines so I didn't get much sky carving done, but it sure handled nice

Allen, AKA kitehead
madhabitz
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 01:43 AM »

Woot!!! I'm so happy for you!

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
vertigo2u

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 07:40 AM »

You have defined the Solus to the "T".   It is a gem to fly.  She will teach you things you didn't know you could do...  Had to share a clip from last week.  She lays out flat during 540's.  I have no idea what "Old School" tricks are about.  But I do know a 540's looks great laying flat in the sunset. Left or right.  I was playing this day with the wind also... Very happy for you..
Also Little Creep-O and I are looking at matching a set of Solus' to the colors you picked.  Those are the colors... Just working out pattern... Will November ever get here Huh Little Creep-O is coming home from school for a few days... He has just watsed more of hislife on his education.  I would have had him quit High School.  He could be working at the kite store ringing up orders.  He has a future there.  One day he could be supervisor.  He blew his chance to be mamager of the pizza joint he was working at this summer.  At pizza and got fat... slowed his flying skills a nano-second.  I recorded it . Cheesy

He put together a beautiful flying machine...

solus#2.wmv

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Ca Ike

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 12:38 PM »

You have defined the Solus to the "T".   It is a gem to fly.  She will teach you things you didn't know you could do...  Had to share a clip from last week.  She lays out flat during 540's.  I have no idea what "Old School" tricks are about.  But I do know a 540's looks great laying flat in the sunset. Left or right.  I was playing this day with the wind also... Very happy for you..
Also Little Creep-O and I are looking at matching a set of Solus' to the colors you picked.  Those are the colors... Just working out pattern... Will November ever get here Huh Little Creep-O is coming home from school for a few days... He has just watsed more of hislife on his education.  I would have had him quit High School.  He could be working at the kite store ringing up orders.  He has a future there.  One day he could be supervisor.  He blew his chance to be mamager of the pizza joint he was working at this summer.  At pizza and got fat... slowed his flying skills a nano-second.  I recorded it . Cheesy

He put together a beautiful flying machine...

solus#2.wmv
Little creepo?  HAH going to to have to rib Devin on that one.   Really like the colors on mine.  THe way the slate and purple change a bit with the angle if the sun on ot is nice but if you guys plan on using slate you better call Jon or Marianne first.  I was asked to pick an alternate color just incase and I have a feeling they are low on slate and might not be able to get it easily.  Colors for Icarex are getting a bit limited from what I  have found out looking for another place to get some while Bonnie is rebuilding.
vertigo2u

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 02:25 PM »

Little Creep-O's favorite coloors are Purple white and Black No Slate....  The colors look real impressive.  I saw a Ul with the colors when I got mine.  Your going to love this kite.... Your inputs will be different.  In a sense, not a lot of effort,she will complete the trick for you.  Big  Grin for you... Post vid

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
emegaz
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2011, 08:58 PM »

Besides the purple they look fantastic. :hides under desk: Shocked
Ca Ike

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2011, 11:10 PM »

Besides the purple they look fantastic. :hides under desk: Shocked
Shocked Shocked Angry Angry Angry Angry  WEll I guess that one person that won't be getting a chance on the lines  Tongue Cheesy  Hmm me and my purple kites just might have to hunt you down for that comment.  I hear you go to vegas to fly heh?  Tongue Cheesy
« Last Edit: October 21, 2011, 11:16 PM by Ca Ike » Logged
madhabitz

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 12:21 PM »

Have you had enough wind to fly them yet? Yeah, I know you don't need much, but we've got a tiny bit more than you do-- you could think about coming to Pleasanton/Dublin on Monday (my day off).

Nancy

"I haven't failed. I've just found ten-thousand ways that won't work."   -Thomas Edison
Ca Ike

« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 06:04 PM »

Have you had enough wind to fly them yet? Yeah, I know you don't need much, but we've got a tiny bit more than you do-- you could think about coming to Pleasanton/Dublin on Monday (my day off).

Nancy

I would but I'm pretty slammed with work. Going to fly tomorrow after my half day of work or at least stake them out and hope I Get wind Tongue
madhabitz

« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2011, 12:31 AM »

No worries, but just so you know, it's only about a 40-minute drive. I just checked the forecast-- it's looking like you might have some okay winds on Monday and even better ones on Tuesday. I'll cross my fingers for you!

Nancy

KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2011, 02:27 AM »

Quote from: YouTube
This video contains content from The Orchard Music and UMG, one or more of whom have blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Sorry about that.

Ditto

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
Ca Ike

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2011, 09:15 AM »

IF you can't watch the vid in the thread try going directly to you tube.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document