GWTW Forum
December 19, 2014, 07:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone into German Shepherd dogs??Cool story  (Read 3198 times)
johnguz76
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: May 02, 2009, 10:13 AM »

Buddy of mine that i fish with breeds German Shepherds.My wife has been wanting one for a while but purebreds are really expensive.Well i got the deal of the century because i fish with the guy.
  Here is the story.Told Debbie i wanted to take a road trip to get a fishing rod Sean fixed for me.Now Debbie doesnt know Sean breeds Shepherds and his home is about a hour away from us.We finally arrive see Sean and he tells Debbie to go get the rod its out back.What she found was 10 of the cutest puppys around and they just come running.Sean says take you;r pick one is you;rs.After some looking around and seeing the mom and dad who are just gorgeous dogs too she sets her mind on one but she isnt sure till she sees this puppy drinking some water over by the kennel.She heads that way and this one just runs rite to her.After playing with him for a bit she says i would like this one.I had already slipped Sean the money so Sean says it looks like you have found you;r dog.Enjoy.He will take care of the AKC paperwork and mail it out for us..
   So now we have a little bundle of energy here on the farm ready to chase some cows around.He is fitting in just fine and starts his puppy class next weeekend.Got him he was 10 lbs and now he is 30 and growing like a weed.He is going to be a big boy i think.Purebred Shepherd from champion lines and pedigree in all German on the dads side.Not sure if we are going to show him but i;m sure we could.Thats not what we got him for.Wish i could post a pic but my pics are too big.I dont see a way to compress them down to fit here.Better hide my kites or all i;ll have is pieces..

"GIVE ALL EXPECT NOTHING"
kiteman
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 11:49 AM »

How cool is this??  A puppy is just about as fun as coming home with a new born child. My dog is 16 years old and have cherished every minute I have had with her. Have fun!!!!

Don  Smiley

Don
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 11:54 AM »

German Shepherds are great dogs. And the ones from Germany really are a lot better than your average AKC Shepherd.

Denny

[attachment deleted by admin]

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2009, 02:40 AM »

Great story. Must love dogs, indeed. 

As far as your kites...time for early exposure is NOW.  You can get him to ignore them, or at least not attack them...but you have to work on this ASAP.  A German Shepherd killed my first Androgyn...so they can find them enticing for sure.

What's his name?

obi 

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
Francois
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2009, 03:25 AM »

Good choice GS are great dogs.

The new Frank!
Rliquidice
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2009, 06:38 AM »

Another word of advice, do not leave your graphite fishing poles where the dog can get to them. Had a Yellow Lab of mine goes through 700.00 worth of spinning and bait casting favorites of mine!!    :'(
( Never phased the Lab)- thought it may kill him, nope lived to be 13 and died of old age.
Below is my third Lab so far.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 06:42 AM by Rliquidice » Logged
Craig
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 12:14 PM »

another German Shepherd story, not so cool:

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2009/05/03/Man-killed-by-fighting-dogs/UPI-70011241326264/
obijuankenobe
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 12:29 PM »

Very sad dog story.  But it officially does not kill this thread!!

obi
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 12:31 PM by obijuankenobe » Logged

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci
kiteman
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 02:22 PM »

You know some people will find the bad in anything. They must have an unhappy life. This was a feel good thread until you had to find some negative things in life to bring in. If you must look for the bad, keep it to yourself!!! Mellow out!!!

Don Cool

Don
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2009, 06:59 AM »

You know some people will find the bad in anything. They must have an unhappy life. This was a feel good thread until you had to find some negative things in life to bring in. If you must look for the bad, keep it to yourself!!! Mellow out!!!

Don Cool

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
the*real*stoney
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 11:53 AM »

My wife and I recently visited her cousin in the mountains of Virginia. Her cousin raises cashmere goats as a cash crop but they also have a donkey, 3 horses, a mule, numerous cats, and four full-grown, solid black, German Shepards - ranging in weight from 100 to 150 pounds. The dogs were not particularly pleased to see us - they sort of took us on approval. It took about 24 hours until they were convinced that we weren't going to steal the silver but they finally accepted us. It was a little unnerving to occupy a home with four adults, two teenagers, 3 cats, and 4 German Shepards. And visiting the bathroom at 4 AM was a little dicey. Still, the dogs were a pleasure to be around after they decided that we were part of the family.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum