GWTW Forum
August 30, 2014, 09:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Solus,Widow Maker Ul,Ocius Sul a weeks practice or 500- 540's  (Read 694 times)
vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: October 23, 2011, 08:44 AM »

Weather has been a bear the past week or so.  I started out one day with my Solus.  Then my WMul and finally my Ocius sul... I started counting the number of 540's. I was at a hundred and quit.  I did at least 500 during a three day practice session.  I wanted to through a right and left 540 over and over again.  I did some really flat 540's one onleft one on right.  I needed to continue till I did multi's without error.  So the number piled up.  Had almost three hours of video to comb through...  Cheesy.  I wanted to put better one's up but had to cut them out.  I wanted to show failures as well as success.  Undecided .

It's been a good season and I decided to fly till it snows in December.  My body is sore from so much moving.  Knees ache.  Shoulder is screaming at me and calling me names.  Using left shoulder painful for me.  "...it is easy to be ordinary,but hard to excell ,but excell we must..."  Gen Abrahms 1966.

But my flying is something I am beginning to feel proud of.  I can't do combo's, Still a few rungs from jacob's ladder starting to get a few roll up's. Even did a slot machine.  I fly straight and snap turns. And I can "Baptize" a kite as good as anyone   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink Wink.

Been a good season yesterday I  flew at Metro Beach the Solus.  No video and very few tricks.  I realized it was fun just to fly back and forth and up and down.  I listened to the music and played amoungst the blue sky ,gray and white clouds.  We danced and played as time seemed to stand still.
We were flying and everything was o.k.

Everything gets better in the video ..right to the end.

Practice.wmv

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Adamld13
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 10:10 PM »

Nice Vid! You have very good control.
I just recently started gettin 540's but i def need to practice.
Hopefully one day ill be able to link them together too!

vertigo2u
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 06:27 AM »

You should look at the old video's were I am learning.  Spent a week of intense practice trying to get the 540 on my left side.   Then I find out I have to learn same trick on right side.. Sad Sad Sad  That took weeks later to try and figure out.  Wish I was amberdectrious (?).  But I did do about 500 540's over a two day period.  I guess the best place to do them is high in the air..at first.  Gives you time when the line gets snagged on the wing tip.  This will happen without giving it enough SLACK.

Also I found out make sure your using the Right line strength. I learned from Devin at times heavier line helps.  I usually fly on 100# 100 ft.  If I go to #175 100 ft.  The line is heavier and usually stays out of the way eaiser. 

Like RobB says 10% learning 90% making it pretty.  I made some terrible looking 540's to start.  As you get it the kite will flatten out and stay in one place as she rotates.  The Solus is great at laying flat and floating in 540 degree's.  Never imagined I could be doing them when I started.  Let alone be doing them on both sides.  I play a game with myself.  When I do one set I force myself to continue repeating ..left then right until I make a mistake.  I've gotten to 5 ... Then I start again.  Most of the time I average 3 complete lft/rt.  Good Luck I hope you get them soon.  They're pretty to watch.   Been working on Roll Up's... Snow on the Beach two days ago... I keep slipping on the grass.  The grass is pretty wet last week or so.  Winter is here... Fly till you FREEZE ................  Metro Beach <  Metro Detroit Area.

Kite Bag:  Solus ul, Solus std, Pro Dancer SUL, Widow Maker,Widow Maker UL, Ocius SUL, Vision,Vison 5 stack
Baby "Zoomer". Symphony 1.8 para foil...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document