GWTW Forum
July 25, 2014, 05:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is it better or not???  (Read 8216 times)
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 02:52 PM »

We are working on helping to get more content generated but I will point out that the responsibility for generating content falls to the users.

My hope, and part of the reason for the fresh start, is that if we create an environment more conducive to friendly exchanges of ideas then perhaps meaningful content will follow.  That sounds a bit more rainbows and unicorns than I intended, but I think you get my point.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 08:51 PM »

Okay, another vote for killing the blink.  That was an accommodation for a certain southern gentleman that couldn't tell if there were noew posts or not.

I would third that vote, I had kept quiet because I did agree that it needed to be more obvious then just the color shift and still haven't thought up a better suggestion to throw out.

Maybe somebody does? Steve is listening. Probably just as bad but the axeling kite cursor? I converted it to a 28 x28 .gif below but it looses some sharpness from the 32 x 32 original.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 09:22 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Steve
Global Moderator

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 09:26 PM »

Love those axeling gif's not sure where I'll use then but a saved them just in case.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Steve
Global Moderator

« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2009, 09:33 PM »

can you shrink one down to 20x20? and I'll give them a try.

Steve ... Ancient One
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2009, 09:49 PM »

I can, your current ones are 28 x 28

They are actually Windows Cursors, I've always used that one as my "Busy" Cursor. I thought I had a full set but can't find where I "archived" them. Anybody want that I'll post up the .ani file and instructions to set it up. Works through Windows XP, never tried it in Vista yet. I also didn't find the info on who to credit for them, they were freely shared when I got them.

*edit* They were made by Ernst Markus Kofler

« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:31 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
kitegirl

« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2009, 09:54 PM »

I like it
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2009, 09:55 PM »

20 x 20, really looses sharpness and oddly the smaller I make it the bigger the file size?Huh

Steve
Global Moderator

« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 09:57 PM »

the ones at the bottom of the forum page need to be 20x20.
Actually I liked the inverse non-blinking ones best.

Steve ... Ancient One
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2009, 10:23 PM »

They didn't really stick out though, I had to agree with Frazer on that one.

I did a static, 1 frame reversing the Blue & Red but the blue got lost on the edge to my old eyes

MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2009, 03:30 AM »

Not exactly like the old forum but ...

Thanks for pointing that out, Steve! I've been looking but hadn't seen the link.

I think this will be ok. I agree with Kmac about the flashies... how about another color or something for threads with new posts? Maybe it's just the time and lack of sleep (seems like that's about when I got into the old forum Wink ) but I'm still clicking in the old spots on the screen.  Grin

Bob
MtnFlyer
Trade Count: (+50)

« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2009, 03:39 AM »

Sorry, guys. I never saw this page until after I posted above.

The " < Previous Next > " links at the bottom of a page don't go to the next page but instead to the previous/next thread. Guess you have to use the little page numbers to navigate. Gee, that might be a bit challenging with a little too much coffee!  Wink

Nice gifs there, Mike! (I still prefer static icons, though)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 03:41 AM by MtnFlyer » Logged

Bob
kmac
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2009, 03:57 AM »

I like that you can delete your own account.

Is there a function for entering a real name, or did I miss it?
browndude3649
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2009, 07:42 AM »

20 x 20, really looses sharpness and oddly the smaller I make it the bigger the file size?Huh

Like it!
Dano
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2009, 07:55 PM »

All I know is that Mike needs a new picture!
Everything i read from him, seems like he's yelling.
I liked the bugs much more.

You need a picture more calming, like Steve's ..

Kiss Kiss
edit: or like Browndudes, thats calming for me too :>)
 Smiley
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 07:56 PM by Dano » Logged
Steve
Global Moderator

« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2009, 08:02 PM »

Well I have decided that I am going with my original thought for the read/unread icons.  I think I need to have Garden Party playing all the time while I work on the new sites.  That and look at my new Rainbows and Unicorns poster i got from Mike and Rhonda.

That photo is a glimpse at my inner child ... plus I was such a damned cute kite (yeah, I knw ... what happened???)

Steve ... Ancient One
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document