GWTW Forum
April 20, 2014, 07:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My first stunt kite video  (Read 1078 times)
dihongshao2000
Trade Count: (+5)

« on: October 25, 2011, 09:27 PM »

In an attempt to make a video for the VF-21, dragged my wife to the beach and managed to have her stand in the cold wind filmming my flying for an hour with my iphone Wink.  None of the video footages last longer than 60 seconds, which is the minimum required film length, before the kite dropped from the sky due to my limited flying skills, lower wind, and possibly low cost kites Sad.  Somehow, I managed to put these videos together for sharing.  Will try again before the VF-21 deadline Smiley.  D

Silver Fox 2300 10 23 2011

Insync 10 23 2011
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2011, 10:57 PM »

doesn't look like there's room for two fliers on that piece of beach but i would have loved to be there flying under that incredible sky with the gentle waves lapping at the shore.

not bad at all for the first time out. thanks for posting them for us.

curious, what's the music in the first one? it's a fantastic jazz piano trio piece. i'd like to get it.

Fˇdeli°
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2011, 11:48 PM »

.... what's the music in the first one? it's a fantastic jazz piano trio piece. i'd like to get it.

Sleep Away by Bob Acri from Timeless - Aren't 'Droids neat? I ask and it tells.

And of course there's Freemake Video Downloader to complete the process.  Wink

BOB ACRI - Sleep Away

Sleep Away - Bob Acri

or I guess it's included in Windows 7 Sample Music
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 12:09 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2011, 12:39 AM »

thanks mike! i figured someone with shazaam would come through if the OP didn't spill the beans.

for anyone else interested you can get a 128bit mp3 from http://www.bobacri.com/sleepawaymp3.mp3 but i've added the cd to my too long musical shopping/wish list.

Fˇdeli°
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2011, 07:37 AM »

oh and dihongshao2000 sorry for the hijack.

Nice video's under what looks like some trying conditions at best. And some pretty good camera handling by the wife as well. Hope to see more and good luck with Virtual Freestyle.  Smiley

thanks mike! i figured someone with shazaam would come through ...

Soundhound, it got better reviews and has been pretty reliable for me  Smiley

« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 07:39 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Shane
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2011, 11:27 AM »

Nice videos D!! That iphone camera works rather well. I haven't been able to fly much lately and I sure haven't made it to GG recently. You should let me know when you will be down there and I will try to come out one of these days. I would be happy to film ya if you would do the same for me?? Grin You fly those kites well. I don't think there is anything wrong with the kites. I think that we have just not had ideal conditions to fly in lately. I am hopeing that we have at least one or two days that will make the flying worth taping.  Wink

Anyway, hit me up when you go out and i'll try to meet ya somewhere.

Shane

"Once you have flown, you will walk with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return." Leonardo Da Vinci
Doc Z
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2011, 11:28 AM »

Cool videos.  I love that little beach!  Good luck with the VF!
dihongshao2000

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2011, 09:40 PM »

doesn't look like there's room for two fliers on that piece of beach but i would have loved to be there flying under that incredible sky with the gentle waves lapping at the shore.

not bad at all for the first time out. thanks for posting them for us.

curious, what's the music in the first one? it's a fantastic jazz piano trio piece. i'd like to get it.
Thanks for the encouragement.  The beach is a bit bigger that what you saw in the video.  The best spot I usually fly was taken by the power kite flyers that evening.  Beautiful sunset with signature Seattle gray cloudy sky.  The music is one of the sample pieces came with my computer...it somewhat suits the setting after I view the video again now….purely by accident.  D
dihongshao2000

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2011, 09:59 PM »

oh and dihongshao2000 sorry for the hijack.

Nice video's under what looks like some trying conditions at best. And some pretty good camera handling by the wife as well. Hope to see more and good luck with Virtual Freestyle.  Smiley
No problem...it is indeed a beautiful piece of music.  I am glad you helped.  Wife is really happy to hear the compliment of her hard work.  She was standing at a fixed spot filming the kite.  I kept walking back into the wind in order to keep the kite in the sky.  By the time the kite was doing its “thing”, it was right over her head.  She simply followed the kite and kept filming…and really captured a few good ones for sure.  Your support makes my next attempt a bit easier as she is much more supportive now as we made her a part of our little kiting world Wink.  Will give it a try again.  D
dihongshao2000

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2011, 10:03 PM »

Cool videos.  I love that little beach!  Good luck with the VF!
Thanks!  It is a beautiful beach… it is also hard on the kites though as it is rough and rockery.
dihongshao2000

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2011, 10:40 PM »

Nice videos D!! That iphone camera works rather well. I haven't been able to fly much lately and I sure haven't made it to GG recently. You should let me know when you will be down there and I will try to come out one of these days. I would be happy to film ya if you would do the same for me?? Grin You fly those kites well. I don't think there is anything wrong with the kites. I think that we have just not had ideal conditions to fly in lately. I am hopeing that we have at least one or two days that will make the flying worth taping.  Wink

Anyway, hit me up when you go out and i'll try to meet ya somewhere.

Shane
Thanks for the kind words.  Let's get together at Kite Hill (with Tom if at all possible) in the next few weeks.  We can help each other filming.  I will monitor weather and wind and let you know before I head out there next time. 
In reviewing previous VF videos, all submissions used $300-$500 kites.  It makes me wonder if I have the right kites to make the cut  Cheesy.  As you might know, I bought my Insync from Steve at GWTW Bargain and bought my Silver Fox 2.3 UL used off GWTW Swap Meet.  The cost of these two kites add together is less than one half of these expansive ones.  In turn, it allows me to fly them at GG over rough, rockery, and smaller beach with no hesitation, where it is close to my house and offers the smoothest wind in town.  They get beat up on the rough beach and drop in the ocean every so often as one might imagine.  I like my kites...flying them takes my mind off everyday trouble and drama  Cheesy.  Life is good as we have our kites  Smiley.
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 08:12 PM »

YOu don't have to be good and you don't have to have expensive kites.  JUst have fun and toss in an entry.  HEck my first VF entry was just a few flick flacs and a lazy.  I know another that only managed a couple sloppy half axels.  Its all for the fun and challenge and if your lucky you might win something.  Who knows one of these days I might be good enough to actually break in the top 5 Smiley  It just fun tossing my hat in the ring with guys I'll probably never have the chance to fly with in person.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography