I got one of these as a Christmas present. So naturally, even though it was about 25 degrees today, I took it for a test fly. I can vouch for the unexpected amound of pull. I agree it should handle some laundry.... if you can get it to fly.
Wind speed was around 8-10mph. It launched easily right out of my hand, but then flew wildly left and right. My first thought was ok, it's an "active kite", but the travel got worse and worse until it crashed. (Softly cause I ran toward it).
I let out about 75 - 80 feet of line hoping some altitude would help. It didn't seem to make any difference. I managed to get it fly for a couple of minutes, but then it just wanted to lawn dart.
There is just a single tow point for this kite, so no bridle adjustment seems possible.
Pretty sure it was assembled right, what else could I be doing wrong.
In other words, how can I get this thing to fly?
It sounds like there are others out there that have had a great experience.
I finally got around to asking Rob about this design last weekend. He uses the same platform for his new deltas
We flew for 3 days at the Kirra Kite Festival in Queensland and these deltas stayed up all weekend in winds ranging from 5 knots in the morning to 20 knots late afternoon (with sand lifting off the beach and blasting our shins!!) Not only did they stay up, they flew beautifully - really steady flight under changing conditions.
Turns out the paper airplane kite Rob provided to New Tech had 6mm carbon rods, but the Chinese factory substituted other rods in the initial batch. So if you have one of the originals in your cupboard because you couldn't get it to fly nicely, check the rods. If they aren't 6mm carbon a quick reframe will transform this into a REALLY nice kite, just as satisfying as other Brasington designs